Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland hurling final 2009 in Wellington New Zealand

Options
  • 26-08-2009 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey, im in New Zealand at the moment and am trying to find out about watching the all Ireland hurling final on September the 6th. I will be in Wellington on the north Island. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that might be showing the game?? Its very important that i see it... hopr some one can help thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

good fooking luck. if you do find something/somewhere/somehow, post it here.. im in christchurch, but havent been able to find anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

When I was there back in 2006 the Black Harp was the only bar showing Gaa games but there wasn't a big demand for them (less than 100 there for the all-ireland hurling final), not too sure if they show them anymore. Give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Rocko wrote: »
    When I was there back in 2006 the Black Harp was the only bar showing Gaa games but there wasn't a big demand for them (less than 100 there for the all-ireland hurling final), not too sure if they show them anymore. Give them a ring

you might get online at www.myp2p.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Check out the D4 bar on Featherston Street. As far as i remember, it's a pretty nice bar owned by some Irish guys. They might well show it if you ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

The only place is likely to be The Irish Society off Cambridge Terrace. I was there for the Leinster Football Final but they didn't show the Kildare v Tyrone quarter final, so they can be a bit hit-and-miss.

They show the stuff on an Internet feed, so the quality is not the best, but they're a good group of guys, so it's fun. Tell you what, I'll do my best to pop in this weekend and make sure they're showing it, and I'll let you know what I can find out. If they are, I'm going to try and get a group together, so I'll see any of you there on the night if it's on!

I'll also give better directions if you need em, but it's down a street by a car sales place, on the right as you're coming close to the Basin Reserve. Two blocks from it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kfitz

Delorian wrote: »
    The only place is likely to be The Irish Society off Cambridge Terrace. I was there for the Leinster Football Final but they didn't show the Kildare v Tyrone quarter final, so they can be a bit hit-and-miss.

They show the stuff on an Internet feed, so the quality is not the best, but they're a good group of guys, so it's fun. Tell you what, I'll do my best to pop in this weekend and make sure they're showing it, and I'll let you know what I can find out. If they are, I'm going to try and get a group together, so I'll see any of you there on the night if it's on!

I'll also give better directions if you need em, but it's down a street by a car sales place, on the right as you're coming close to the Basin Reserve. Two blocks from it I think.

Delorian is right about the Irish society off Cambridge Terrace. I watched last years All Ireland hurling final there. They charge a few dollars but nothing extortionate. I think they got it from the Setanta website. Wi

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Ok, so I got a mail from the society and they said they'd be trying to show the game and will open around 1am. They'll have a box for donating $10 as well, and have promised free tea! Shur why wouldn't you go at 2:30am for the game. Anyone who wants to meet up, I'll see you there.

Advertisement