Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does anybody use Photobucket?

• 26-08-2009 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

I've just started using it but am finding it a royal pain in the arse regarding rotating images.
    Maybe someone here has experience with this site?
    I find nearly all the portrait orientated images (which i've rotated in Windows prior to uploading) sometimes display correctly in Photobucket but sometimes display landscape.
    I've been using their inbuilt image editing thingy to "rotate" them correctly and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
    It's wierd, if i hit f5 to refresh the page sometimes the ones i've rotated are correct, but sometimes they all go back to landscape.
    WTF?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I use Photobucket to host images online. Have done for a long time.

It's ussually OK but does give weird problems. I do recall when I did upload a load of images from an event & they all seemed to be Portrait. I just selected the images & did a batch rotate on them.

Photobucket is for my bulk stuff & I put any decent images on Pix.ie & find it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I have used it and found no problems. The interface is pleasant and the colours seem to shine well in Photobucket. Also the size of the main photo makes work look more impressive than when it is in Flickr:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/kiwirant/Anouilh/?action=view&current=Daisy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Exactly what CabanSail says.
    I use it for storing screenshots & funny pics

But for photos and easy rotation, use Pix.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Photobucket....*cringe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

I use photobucket for alot of my stuff, never have any major problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

CabanSail wrote: »
    I use Photobucket to host images online. Have done for a long time.

It's ussually OK but does give weird problems. I do recall when I did upload a load of images from an event & they all seemed to be Portrait. I just selected the images & did a batch rotate on them.

Photobucket is for my bulk stuff & I put any decent images on Pix.ie & find it excellent.

How do you perform a batch rotate?
    Some of these images appear landscape on the main album view screen, but when i click on the "organize" link, a few of them appear portrait.
    Makes no sense really.
    I had bulk uploaded another directory and they came out just fine.
    Having first rotated the images in Windows prior to uploading.
    This batch didn't work at all, yet they all display fine in windows.

Those who say, use Pix.ie instead; that's grand but people can't "order prints" from that site so it's not suitable.

Advertisement