Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport Travel Value Shopping

• 26-08-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard today that they are getting rid of the Origins counter in Dublin Airport. :( And if that's the case I guess there might be a few more going. (Well I've been told most of the shops are doing bad at the moment). Imagine, no cheaper MAC or Chanel Perfume. :eek:

I guess it's due to the recession but maybe also because of Ryanair and their rules on hand luggage. I know Dublin Airport have a facility now where you can buy and pick up on your return, but how much hassle is that. I wouldn't bother myself.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i saw an ad in some paper recently for the airport shopping, theyd renamed it something else. sorry thats kind of useless informartion.. just remember thinking it was odd to be rebranding it.

it would be a pity to see them go, 1 of the nice things about going to the airport is treating yourself before you get on the plane :) & the mac counter is handy, i used to get stuff there when i was flying internally in ireland, didnt even have to leave the country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love airport shopping :( Almost missed my flight to NY a few weeks back 'cause I was so busy browsing around and didn't realise that there were customs forms to be filled! Whoopsies!

I'd hate for airport shopping to be a thing of the past though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

sar84 wrote: »
    i saw an ad in some paper recently for the airport shopping, theyd renamed it something else.

Its been renamed The Loop

They have a new service now called Shop and Collect, so you can get your shopping done before you go and collect your purchases when you return.

This I think is to combat Ryanair only allowing one carry on bag (including handbags laptop, and airport shopping bags) per person.

The great thing about shop and collect is that its free. I'll be checking it out today as I'm heading off to London this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I'm flying out tomorrow so I'll ask some of the girls what's going on. (and I'll be buying up all the Origins I can!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

Sorry for hijacking this thread....but hoping someone can answer this.
    Boots have opened a shop after airport security, so, can you buy all your lotions and potions in boots and not have to worry about the 100ml restriction??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

audge09 wrote: »
    That's correct! Boots has opened a store in the new T1X (Terminal 1 extension) retail area, and yes, you can buy all your lotions there and you don't have to worry about the 100ml restriction (providing you don't have a connecting flight.)
    Someone mentioned the Shop and Collect service provided by Dublin Airport, it is a free service available to passengers travelling within the EU.
    It’s relatively hassle free and it enables you to shop before you fly, and then collect all on your return.
    Regarding MAC, Chanel, etc, you can check out all lovely brands available at the Loop on their website : www.theloopshop.com

Thanks so much for the reply! That is brilliant news altogether, heading off on a weeks holiday next week with only carry on luggage, so it suits me down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Boots have opened a shop after airport security, so, can you buy all your lotions and potions in boots and not have to worry about the 100ml restriction??

Yes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Yes, but you have to remember to take the return journey into consideration!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

just had a look at their brochure thing, looks like they do benefit now too :D

must find somewhere to fly to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tipex

Flew home from stansted last wk and got some great value mac eyeshadows are £9.35, benefit sets £19.10, chanel nail varnish £13, clinique lip gloss £10. The only thing and this was dublin and stansted they've dramatically reduced the lancome flash bronzer range, I always get the mousse when i fly anywhere but it's gone coz they've less shelf space. I got the leg gel for £17 which is really good. Also I got a litre bottle of vodka and bacardi for £22 (£11 each) which is really good. I found the value in Stansted much better than Dublin if your just going to fly somewhere randome for shopping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I agree actually, for most things the value in the UK airports is better.

It isn't always the case, but for the majority of things it is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Standsted is great value alright, Bobbi Brown foundations are only £20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Yeah I got A DiorSkin Nude foundation in Edinburgh Airport for £19.95! That wasn't even a special offer! I can't remember exactly but I think it's about €40 in BTs. Bargain!

Haven't used the Shop and Collect thing yet, but it's a great idea. Last time I went through Dublin airport I saw sooo many bargains but all I had was hand luggage and all the things I wanted to buy wouldn't have fit into that tiny re-sealable bag on the way back. :(

Advertisement