If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of some guidance

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi I'm new to the home cinema thing as I recently won a Samsung LE40b550, I'm looking to get a 5.1 surround sound system and have been looking around. I have my eyes on the Onkyo 507 and Tannoy SFX5.1.

My main question is will I be able to connect everything to the 507 like UPC box, PS3, Popcorn Hour and have only 1 HDMI cable from the 507 to the TV.

Does the 507 support this or would be better off going for the 577 as I want to keep cables to a minimum..

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi I'm new to the home cinema thing as I recently won a Samsung LE40b550, I'm looking to get a 5.1 surround sound system and have been looking around. I have my eyes on the Onkyo 507 and Tannoy SFX5.1.

My main question is will I be able to connect everything to the 507 like UPC box, PS3, Popcorn Hour and have only 1 HDMI cable from the 507 to the TV.

Does the 507 support this or would be better off going for the 577 as I want to keep cables to a minimum..

Many thanks in advance.

Bu11et,

Yep - that would be a nice system and yes again you will be able to connect all those sources through the 507 and switch them via a single HDMI cable or Composite cable - if the sources are all HDMI then a single HDMI will work to the TV - if you have a mixture of sources HDMI & Composite then you will need 2 cables to the TV - anyway I'm rambling - its all explained here:

Here is a link to the Onkyo 'hook up' guide for the 507

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Cheers John, I did have an idea I may need 2 cables as the UPC box doesn't have HDMI. Would that stand for all of the Onkyo recievers ? if the input was not HDMI would need to run another cable for the UPC box ?

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bu11it,

Up to the 607 up I think you still need 2 cables

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1432709/Hookup_TX-SR607.pdf

The Denon 1910 however will convert and allow you to use just the single HDMI
    http://www.denon.co.uk/site/datadir/pdf/pi/AVR-1910.pdf

Keep me posted!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.