Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Batman Arkham Asylum for 30 euro and 10 euro credit back

• 26-08-2009 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

As you probably know Gamestop are running a preorder scheme where you can preorder any game and get 30 credit against this game for each of your old games. But these old games must be on Gamestops list which are available on a leaflet in store, and the rule is you can trade up to 2 games on this list against a single preorder.

Anyway, Batman (normal edition) is 50 euro.

Smyths are selling some DS games really cheap right now. There are at least 4 on the Gamestop list. I picked up Imagine Movie Star and Guitar Hero Decades for 14.99 euro each yesterday. Other DS games on the list which are only 14.99 are Littlest Petshop Spring and Imagine Ballet Dancer. There are some Wii games too, but they are closer to 20 euro in Smyths.

So with my 2 DS games, I went into Gamestop, preordered Batman and handed over the 2 games. Gamestop manager issued me a receipt which said Batman preorder and 60 euro credit for the 2 games. On Friday I collect Batman, which has only cost me 30 euro (price of 2 games I bought in Smyths), and get issued a gift voucher/card for 10 euro. Note, you need to trade your games in before the preorder goes on release obviously. So anyone who reads this, basically has until tomorrow to do this, as that is when Gamestop get their allocation for Batman in.

Will do same for Mw2,ODST, and Forza 3. Sweet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Flaccus wrote: »
    Other DS games on the list which are only 14.99 are Littlest Petshop Spring and Imagine Ballet Dancer.

I don't think I could bear the embarrassment to try and trade those in over at Gamestop afterward though :D.

Still, neat trick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Genius! Any idea when this offer is finishing in Gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

There are some PS3 and 360 games on the list too which are 2 for 30stg in Argos. Coupla games I'm after so I may use this to get them and upgrade my PS3 in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Not sure how long the offer is running for but most of this year I'd guess since they are advertising the likes of MW2 as a possible game to do the trade in for.

The offers here in Argos (Ireland) are 2 games for 40 euro :(

Called up there about trading in my PS3 and some games and he said the offer will more then likely be running until Christmas at least.

• Advertisement

Here's the games for anyone interested:

http://www.gamestop.ie/PreOrderOffer.asp

EDIT: Well worth looking at Smyth's Disney Buy One Get One Free. On Wii, Bolt and HSM 3 €30 for the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

niallon wrote: »
    Here's the games for anyone interested:

http://www.gamestop.ie/PreOrderOffer.asp

Crazy crazy offer

MK vs DC universe €13 @ play
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5447203/-/Product.html?cur=258

NHL 2k9 £8.95 @ MyMemory
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Games/Microsoft/NHL-2K9-(Xbox-360)

Probably even cheaper ones in there, (check on http://www.find-games.co.uk/ ) but those 2 alone mean you could get batman for about €24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Let the hunt for the cheapest game on the list begin. I just bought 5 copies of this for €10.50 delivered:

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/8055074/Imagine-Ballet-Dancer/Product.html

I assume you can't trade in two of the same game right?

Cars: Mater National €12 on Play.com (XBOX 360)

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Let the hunt for the cheapest game on the list begin. I just bought 5 copies of this:

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/8055074/Imagine-Ballet-Dancer/Product.html

I assume you can't trade in two of the same game right?

Depends. During the last silly offer they had on some people on here were getting multiple copies through no problem. I had problems with it, though it may have been becuase I went in with games still in the packaging and they thought I was being a little too cheeky. :P

• Advertisement

Crazy crazy offer

MK vs DC universe €13 @ play
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5447203/-/Product.html?cur=258

NHL 2k9 £8.95 @ MyMemory
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Games/Microsoft/NHL-2K9-(Xbox-360)

Probably even cheaper ones in there, (check on http://www.find-games.co.uk/ ) but those 2 alone mean you could get batman for about €24

Cool. But only if you can get those games over to gamestop by tommorrow !! As you have to preorder before their stock of Batmen come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Flaccus wrote: »
    Cool. But only if you can get those games over to gamestop by tommorrow !! As you have to preorder before their stock of Batmen come.

Its pretty unlikely isnt it :o

Plenty of other excellent games you could pre-order tho. Halo ODST among others: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055655625

Also, Fallout 3 GOTY edition, RRP €49. Fallout 3 is on the trade in list, so i was thinking about trading my copy in and a €10 game from above to get it and €10-€15 credit.

Doin a little bit of maths here this means I'm looking at Ghostbusters, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 for a maximum of €120, possibly cheaper, and more than likely some credit left over...sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Thanks OP
    Think I'll do this for MW2

Here are the release dates of the games I'd like to get with this trade in deal.

22nd Sept. - Halo 3 : ODST
    23rd Oct - Forza Motorsport 3
    23rd Oct - Tekken 6
    30th OCt - Max Payne 3
    10th Nov - COD : Modern Warfare 2
    20th Nov - Assassins Creed 2
    27th Nov - Metal Gear Solid: Rising
    27th Nov - Avatar

Bioshock 2, Dark Void, Aliens v Predator, Castlevania, Warhammer Space Marine have all been pushed out till March next year. And Lost Planet 2 has been given the boot till June. And Deus Ex 3 (sept..next year). Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Great offer, thanks OP. If Gamestop honour this until Christmas then I will save a lot of bucks! Any chance they might start removing some games from the list?

In the meantime, I have taken the liberty of purchasing a few cheapies from Play.com ;). Not too bothered about Batman:AA but there is an avalanche of games heading our way in about 6-8 weeks (MW2, L4D2, OpFlash-Dragon Rising, Fifa 10, etc.).

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Any chance they might start removing some games from the list?

They could well do so on a store-by-store basis. In Newry during the last offer there were three games they were no longer accepting at that branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah i think they might drop some from the list when they realise they've got 1000 copies of imagine: ballet dancer that they're never gonna sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Flaccus you'll have to take metal gear solid rising and Max Payne 3 off your list as Max Payne 3 isn't out till next year and metal gear rising is tba and mightn't even make it out next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Had a similar scam going

the buy 2 get another free deal ended in gamestop.
    Pity, cas you could get Tomb Raider for 5 quid
    Buy two copies thats 10 euro.
    Get Virtua Tennis free.
    So thats a total of 10 euro for 3 games.

Pop over to game and trade them in. They took 5 quid for Tomb Raider and 10 quid for Virtua Tennis! Store credit but you can keep topping up a store credit card. Did it ahem cough a few times. Went to do it today and the gamestop deal was over. :(

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Flaccus you'll have to take metal gear solid rising and Max Payne 3 off your list as Max Payne 3 isn't out till next year and metal gear rising is tba and mightn't even make it out next year.

Ta. Suppose I'll save some money this year then :)

I picked up Ballet Dancer x2 and Guitar Hero Decades x2 for 14.99 euro each yesterday.Very few left and they are out of Littlest Petshop Spring and Imagine Ballet Moviestar

Just to let you all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Trilla wrote: »
    I picked up Ballet Dancer x2 and Guitar Hero Decades x2 for 14.99 euro each yesterday.Very few left and they are out of Littlest Petshop Spring and Imagine Ballet Moviestar

Just to let you all know.

Did you trade them in yet? Any problems trading in two copies of the same game? Did you take the wrappers off? I should have a few cheap ds games winging their way to me next week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Bought the listed games in smyths and went into my local gamestop, they will only accept one game per preorder so please be aware of that, he said under no circumstances would they take two games as a trade in for one preorder game as part of this deal. This was in tullamore by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

niallon wrote: »
    Doin a little bit of maths here this means I'm looking at Ghostbusters, Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 for a maximum of €120, possibly cheaper, and more than likely some credit left over...sweet!

I rang them and they dont offer any credit,,eg lets say the game is 50 and you trade in 2 games for 60,all you get is the game not the extra 10 pound credit.Mind you that was over a week ago when i rang

Bought the listed games in smyths and went into my local gamestop, they will only accept one game per preorder so please be aware of that, he said under no circumstances would they take two games as a trade in for one preorder game as part of this deal. This was in tullamore by the way.

I traded two per order no problem today. Got no credit back though. so it was 60 (4 games) for new HALO and Batman

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Did you trade them in yet? Any problems trading in two copies of the same game? Did you take the wrappers off? I should have a few cheap ds games winging their way to me next week :p

Yep I took the wrappers off

and the girl that served me in Liffey st Gamestop was a stunner. I'd say 21 max, but she was gorgeous!

Trilla wrote: »
    I traded two per order no problem today. Got no credit back though. so it was 60 (4 games) for new HALO and Batman

Should i take them to task on it so? I'm quite annoyed he rubbished my claims also. What gamestop did ye use so i can tell them? Gonna ring them back about it this morning.

i rang gamestop in Henry Street and Swords and they said you cant you can only trade in two games per preorder if the game you are preordering is more than €60. So because MW2 is €65 you can trade two games against it but because OF2 is only €55 you can only trade one game against it. I'm curious to know how the rest of ye got away with it...

• Advertisement

i rang gamestop in Henry Street and Swords and they said you cant you can only trade in two games per preorder if the game you are preordering is more than €60. So because MW2 is €65 you can trade two games against it but because OF2 is only €55 you can only trade one game against it. I'm curious to know how the rest of ye got away with it...

All i did was I got two copies of the guitar hero game, two copies of the ballet dancer imagine game, asked to pre order HALO ODST and the new batman in Gamestop on Liffey st, signed both receipts for the trade in, (felt like asking the girl behind the counter for her number at that stage!) got no 10 credit back and no indication as to what price both games will be sold at.

Just a straight swap - two copies of the guitar hero game and two copies of the ballet dancer imagine for Batman and HALO.

Advertisement