Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Batman Arkham Asylum for 30 euro and 10 euro credit back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Anyone know how long that smyths offer will be for? Thinking of ordering fifa 10 and dj hero to start with. I suppose i'd need 3 games for dj hero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Smyths offer is kind've indefinite at the moment, was supposed to end last month. I'd imagine it'll run till the end of September at least but don't quote me on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Out of interest, this offer in Gamestop, can I still trade in a game on the list and get 30 quid off batman today? Or does it absolutely have to be a pre-order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

No. has to be a preorder.

Should i take them to task on it so? I'm quite annoyed he rubbished my claims also. What gamestop did ye use so i can tell them? Gonna ring them back about it this morning.

gamestop, parkway shopping centre, limerick.

• Advertisement

Bought the listed games in smyths and went into my local gamestop, they will only accept one game per preorder so please be aware of that, he said under no circumstances would they take two games as a trade in for one preorder game as part of this deal. This was in tullamore by the way.

tell him to ring head office. they should officially accept 2 games according to the manager I spoke to who did in fact ring head office to confirm.

i rang gamestop in Henry Street and Swords and they said you cant you can only trade in two games per preorder if the game you are preordering is more than €60. So because MW2 is €65 you can trade two games against it but because OF2 is only €55 you can only trade one game against it. I'm curious to know how the rest of ye got away with it...

hmm. they told me 2 games against batman. because the game was 50 and the trade in value was 60, they gave me back 10 euro credit. i think store managers must be using their own discretion as they may not have been given clear directions by head office. i also traded 10 games for 300 (which cost me 150), and got myself a PS3 slim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

FYI, I was told in the store in Rathmines that this promo is only valid till the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Show how much overall are ya saving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

amacachi wrote: »
    Called up there about trading in my PS3 and some games and he said the offer will more then likely be running until Christmas at least.
    jcrowbar wrote: »
    FYI, I was told in the store in Rathmines that this promo is only valid till the end of August.

Hmm, something's gotta give here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Flaccus wrote: »
    tell him to ring head office. they should officially accept 2 games according to the manager I spoke to who did in fact ring head office to confirm.

yep,

and I also got my 10 euro back in store credit after collecting the game today. Just starting to play it now, looks the business

Soby wrote: »
    Show how much overall are ya saving?

with Batman - you pay €30 (the cost of the two ds games) and you get a €50 game and €10 store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Great spot OP!

Slightly off topic, saw this deal being done before but always seem to hear about it too late.

How often do Gamestop release these lists of games that have a trade-in value of 30 quid? Once a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Great spot OP!

Slightly off topic, saw this deal being done before but always seem to hear about it too late.

How often do Gamestop release these lists of games that have a trade-in value of 30 quid? Once a month?

This is only the second time they've done it as far as I know, the last time was for a month, think it was February/March.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Some Gamestops only let you trade in 1 game per game bought, others allow 2 games.

This game is absolutely brilliant btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

gamestop told me the other day that some of the games are being retracted from that list so just beware and call to check if they will accept first guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

The games list and offer has been removed from the website. Anyone know if this offer is ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

The August offer has ended, they will be posting a new list of games for the September offers :-(

Yeah, was just in one of the shops there and got a copy of the list they were e-mailed. Just had a quick look through, and there's no ds games, and only a few wii games. I might put it up later if it's not on the website by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

• Advertisement

Well, that saves me any hassle. So, anyone after checking out any bargains on that list already?:P

Well, that saves me any hassle. So, anyone after checking out any bargains on that list already?:P
    no DS games anyway

you can get GTA for 22 euro secondhand in GAME and trade it in for 30, not really a good one though

are any of the WII games that were cheap in Smyths still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

the-lad wrote: »
    how long do the gamestop lists stay valid?

Can change at any time. Just to give you all a headsup there are definitely some people from there browsing this forum so maybe downplaying the posting of cheap games might be a good idea.

Well when I was in the shop they said the list will stay valid for all of this month, and they only change it on a monthly basis. Don't know if that's legally binding though.:P

Can anyone confirm that they accept games from play.com? Are they in any way different to the ones we buy in shops here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Well when I was in the shop they said the list will stay valid for all of this month, and they only change it on a monthly basis. Don't know if that's legally binding though.:P

Can anyone confirm that they accept games from play.com? Are they in any way different to the ones we buy in shops here?

Nope. Just may have a UK age approval sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

There were a few games from the last list that specified they had to be the Irish release, GTA:chinatown wars for example. 18+ games I'd imagine.

And what's the usual time for a game to arrive from them?

Would I have those two games by the end of the month if I ordered by the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

And what's the usual time for a game to arrive from them?

Would I have those two games by the end of the month if I ordered by the weekend?

They say 7-10 days, if you order through third parties using play.com it's usually longer. If you order by the weekend I think you'll have them by the 23rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

i went into smyths and game today (2 of each ) no bargins to be had i was sick the best i seen was tiger woods2010 and battlestations pacific for 25 euro each wasnt worth the bother stoped looking will have to be lucky to get the cheap games and then trade them in for 30 euro

Advertisement