Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly the worst thing about the leaving cert results!

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well unlike most,Our car had broken down and i had to patiently wait with my laptop till it was 12 o'clock.

So it was 12 i logged onto the site,Typed in my exam number and password and logged in,Really started panicking when it was loading,Then up come my results i scanned through,I passed maths and English,Great!

I start thinking did i get past the 300 point mark the previous years points of my course,I scroll down the page looking for the points,They aren't there!I frantically start going through pages on the site,Trying to find my points total,All the time panicking more not knowing if i got the points..

Now i knew the points system and until that morning i could of told anyone what the points were for the level and grade but i just went blank...

So for all of you who are going to be picking their results up online i recommend you open this wiki article and keep it open when you get your points!

It will calm you down :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I think it's to something to do with LCVP being counted differently, and also that HL Maths counts for more points if you're going to UL, things like that. It's annoying though alright!

I remember the morning I collected my results at the school, I was so relieved that I'd passed everything that I couldn't think straight and wasn't able to work out my points (even though I'd spent countless hours that summer working out what I'd have gotten for every possible combination of grades in each subject!) The school's lovely caretaker offered to do it for me ... he was there for ages with a chart of points values and a pen and paper ... then finally announced, "Congratulations, you got 725 points!" Turned out he'd counted the points for all eight subjects I did :o It was sweet of him to try to help though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Ricky91t wrote: »
    So for all of you who are going to be picking their results up online i recommend you open this wiki article and keep it open when you get your points!

It will calm you down :pac:
    Or alternatively, you could use the points calculator! http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=24 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Our school was dead sound, they went through the results with each of us individually and offered to calculated the points for us. Which was class as I was in no fit state to be doing maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

It was a bit much of my school. My vice principal whos a woman hugged me and told me well done when I just went in the door but said that the photographer had just left and it was only 25 past nine. I wasnt too flustered as I just wanted my results.

My joy of getting 580 made me forget about it even though there was absolute lazy ****s photographed when I got the local newspaper the following week in the shop.

Era it doesnt really matter at the end of the day but my school could have phoned me if they wanted me down asap as I only live 2 minutes from the school.

Advertisement