Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I've learned.

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

We've had our adopted dog for just over a week now,a lovely 10 month old lab x GSD. He's our first dog together,I had everything from yorkies to collies growing up,and had the pleasure of working with a GSD for a brief (too brief) while. Herself had a staffie and doberman when she was living at home,and she has a way with this mutt. So while he's relaxing before his walk I thought I'd make a list of things we've learned since he came along. 1/ No matter how far and how frequently you throw a tennis ball,it is not far nor frequently enough 2/ Bad weather means nothing when you were born with a fur coat. 3/ Cats are not worth chasing unless they are running,a sitting cat is boring. 4/ Sitting on command is only approppiate when there are no other dogs to play with,or interesting scents to follow. 5/ No matter how often you've walked a route without a dog,you don't know the route at all till you've walked it with a dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

so true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Congratulations on the new pal.
    You forgot:
    6/ If it's smelly they will find it and roll in it.
    7/ Your slipper/shoe/remote/insert item here is much more fun to play with or hide than any toy you can buy.
    8/ There's nothing quite like the greeting a dog can give when they're happy to see you.
    I'm sure in a few weeks the list will be long as your arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

It's so very true about them playing with anything but their toys! I've a heap of others I could have put down but he needed his walk. Starting to remember why I missed having a dog so much.

Advertisement