Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evening parenting class/ courses in dublin?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could suggest a good evening class on parenting this Autumn e.g. dealing with tantrums, helping children learn etc? Have 3 kids under 6 and feel i could benefit from one, but time is limited so evening best and want to make sure it would be worthwhile and run by a professional. i'm in north Dublin. would be v grateful for any suggestions. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

OneFamily are based in the inner city(Just off baggot st) and they do 10 week parenting classes for anyone who is parenting alone/family menber who is parenting alone(flexible).
    pretty sure classes are during the day though. If you ring them and ask for Geraline who is their parenting expert she would have loads on contacts!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

hi, i would recommend the parents plus programme, which i did in the the mater, but was in the morning and think your child has to attend there. v good though and might be held elsewhere? the developer of the program,(very practical and entertaining to listen to) is doing some talks in Sept, (and on the Northside) which i have copied below, some of which might be relevant to you? Otherwise your Health Nurse might have some ideas of what is available locally? hope this is helpful, have to say i found it v helpful to reflect on being a mum and recommend it to everyone.

Dr. John Sharry, child and family psychotherapist, international author and developer of the award winning Parents Plus Programmes.
    Venue: Donnycarney Community Centre (behind Donnycarney Church, Malahide Rd/Collins Ave junction)
    Time: 8pm-9.30pm (Talk and Q&A).
    Cost: €20 per talk, Special Price of €50 for Parenting Talks 2 - 4

Talk 1 - The Secret to Happy Relationships and Marriages
    Tuesday 22nd Spetember 2009

Talk 2 - Building Quality Relationships with your Children
    Tuesday 29th September 2009

Talk 3 - Dealing with conflict/maintaining harmony in the home
    Tuesday 13th October 2009

Talk 4 - Positive Parenting and Positive Discipline
    Tuesday 20th October 2009

Talk 5 - When Parents separate: Helping your Children cope
    Tuesday 3rd November 2009

Booking and further Information on www.solutiontalk.ie/events

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for all your suggestions, which i have checked out. Have booked places on the talks so thanks for that. Seems like a good place to start...

Advertisement