Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK scrapped after 2010 season.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I never watched it for a second this time,and you can be sure they will find something as useless to fill in for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Buíochas le Dia! Although the article does say:
    However, Big Brother is unlikely to disappear from UK TV screens, with another broadcaster expected to step in to pick up the rights from Endemol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd have thought SKY would be a perfect fit as they have recently started producing more shows in the UK.

Highlights program on Sky1 in the evenings, Sky2 or 3 for the BBLB type programs and for the livefeeds.

And they would be less bashful than C4 about plugging it on their their news bulletins so SkyNews could play a role in it as well.

LONG LIVE BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Best news Ive heard in a long time :)

Since when was gathering eejits together and making them live together interesting ?

JJ wrote: »
    Buíochas le Dia! Although the article does say:
    Quote:
    However, Big Brother is unlikely to disappear from UK TV screens, with another broadcaster expected to step in to pick up the rights from Endemol.

FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mike65 wrote: »
    There is a god.
    holly1 wrote: »
    I never watched it for a second this time,and you can be sure they will find something as useless to fill in for it.

john47832 wrote: »

Since when was gathering eejits together and making them live together interesting ?

Shut up with this rubbish, why start and post in a thread about it if its that crap, how sad are you lot then, get a life.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Shut up with this rubbish, why start and post in a thread about it if its that crap, how sad are you lot then, get a life.

Touchy

:confused: I didnt start the thread

Big Brother has done absoultely nothing positive for society or to enhance peoples minds

We are subjected to over egotistical melons each year who then believe they are "celebrities" when they leave a house with camereas in it

People who watch this show are telly addicts and will eat up any rubbish put in front of them - its great to see the viewing figures dropping as this shows the true substance to the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

another year jeez :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

The show has definately had its day. The first couple of series were ok and pretty interesting, but I stopped watching a few years ago.

Wasn't ITV rumoured to be interested in picking it up a few years back when there was talk of CH4 dropping it? The format has gone as far as it can go.

• Advertisement

Big Brother has done absoultely nothing positive for society or to enhance peoples minds

We are subjected to over egotistical melons each year who then believe they are "celebrities" when they leave a house with camereas in it

People who watch this show are telly addicts and will eat up any rubbish put in front of them - its great to see the viewing figures dropping as this shows the true substance to the show

My god you are cluelss, its meant to be entertainment not create world peace, it entertains me and millions of other people.

If you dont like it, dont watch it, simple.

You are being narrow minded and condescending, dont tell me what kind of person i am at all, you havent a notion what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big Brother in its current format needs a complete revamp. Fly-on-the-wall coverage with extrovert housemates, no strategy, random humiliating challenges and public voting is past its shelf life.

American networks realised this after one single season of the UK format, so they changed it. It has gone from strength to strength (and 10 seasons in the vastly improved and more interesting format to prove it wasn't a fluke).

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

why? does the US format allow the voting public to relase hungry leopards into the house?
    because thats watchable.
    How long can the housemates survive when they have to wear a belt of steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Julian Bellamy,senior administrator at Channel 4,announced today that the monies released by the programme's closure will be used to produce more home grown creations:documentaries,film,drama,comedy etc........at which they are quite good.Great move and about time!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, my summer has been pretty chaotic following a study period in France and then having to sit exams, so I didn't get to see this series at all and I don't really see the point in watching it from this point.

I do think, being the long standing HMod of this forum (which started off as Big Brother) that the C4 format has indeed been tired out for a long while. While the show itself is good, the concept for our series is no longer entertaining to the masses. I have to say, been expecting this news for a while myself. Anyone who says they haven't I don't believe.

My god you are cluelss, its meant to be entertainment not create world peace, it entertains me and millions of other people.

If you dont like it, dont watch it, simple.

You are being narrow minded and condescending, dont tell me what kind of person i am at all, you havent a notion what you are talking about.

I expressed an opinion - you dont like it then dont read it, like I practice not watching big brother

I expressed an opinion - you dont like it then dont read it, like I practice not watching big brother

You didnt, you showed your ignorance by making 2 ridiculous statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lets keep it friendly, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

One can only hope that no other TV network would want to pick up this tripe though probably some network will with the intention of "reinventing" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

BB1= Unique

BB2= Fun

All other BB = C4 getting loads of keeerazy people and hoping that because they're so keeeerazy then controversy will happen. Instead BB became full of fame obsessed, annoyingly keeerazy wannabies watched only by people who rate Heat magazine as essential reading. I had a sneaky feeling this year that due to the absolute lack of talk about the show that it would vanish and I wouldn't have to keep remembering to not channel surf through C4.

On the flip side it might just be an attempt to drum up ratings for next year. Who knows....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Awesome

:rolleyes:

At what point does the irony sink in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

One can only hope that no other TV network would want to pick up this tripe though probably some network will with the intention of "reinventing" it.

If they do it'll run for one season and then be axed!

At what point does the irony sink in?

You are in a league of your own of cluelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

HALLELUJAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is looking promising.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/26/major-channels-no-big-brother

Boo hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

why start and post in a thread about it if its that crap, how sad are you lot then, get a life.
    Touchy I didnt start the thread

No, but you did post in it ..

Since the summer of 2000 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I don't understand the mentality of people who feel the need to comment negatively on programmes that other people like to watch.........

There's a simple solution to your problem
    SWITCH IT OFF!!!!!
    bstn160l.jpg

OR BETTER STILL!!!!
    television-digital-switch-trash.jpg

I don't understand the mentality of people who feel the need to comment negatively on programmes that other people like to watch.........

why come on to a thread that has been setup to rejoice at the passing of a rubbish show - and comment against it???

• Advertisement

You are in a league of your own of cluelessness.

i have a feelin that dumb saying came from the show - proof the show is detrimental to society

Advertisement