Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother UK scrapped after 2010 season.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

john47832 wrote: »
    i have a feelin that dumb saying came from the show - proof the show is detrimental to society

There's no one here man, they are all over in the main thread chatting after the show, was tops tonight .. laters x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Nico22 wrote: »
    There's no one here man, they are all over in the main thread chatting after the show, was tops tonight .. laters x

thanks for the offer but im trying to avoid permaban :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

john47832 wrote: »
    why come on to a thread that has been setup to rejoice at the passing of a rubbish show - and comment against it???

Why bother commenting on the passing of a show you claim to not watch!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Nico22 wrote: »

Nice one Nico22:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think overall it's a good thing. I watched it every summer except this year and I'm glad I didn't as it seems to have been a poor series. It is trashy TV and for the last couple of years it's had contestants who know how to play up to the cameras and who are more interested in getting a career than the show itself.

It had a good run but probably should have been given the bullet sooner. I reckon it will return in some form one day though, but hopefully not for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

It had a good run but probably should have been given the bullet sooner. I reckon it will return in some form one day though, but hopefully not for a while.

Well I for one can't wait for Celebrity Big Brother .. nothing like seeing celebs brought down a peg or two .. my favourite ever BB moment was:

"Yeah jackie" :D

Where else could you see Bez from The Happy Mondays sitting on Sylvester Stallone's mother's bed having a conversation that pretty much was:

Jackie: .. "I thought it the Big Brother hotel, I can't believe I'm in a shack .. "
    Bez: .. "Mad yeah, sure you'll be allright what .. crazy fooking but sure we'll look after yaa love sweet yeah mad for it."

From what I remember :D

Not posting in this thread anymore so just gonna say ..

Celebrity BB is on in December and then in summer 2010 BB will celebrating 10 Years Of Big Brother (yes again, as by then they will realize they got it wrong this year:)).

That's a whole year of BB for us and have a feeling as this Xmas will be the last Celebrity Big Brother they will push the boat out to get the best celebs, best senarios etc etc etc

Dito goes for next summer. Channel 4 have never had as much criticism as they've had this year re Big Brother. So next year have a feeling the Live Feed will be back as well as better tasks, better Housemates etc

Now with regard to ITV, E4, Channel 5, SKY all saying they are not interested .. eh, hellooo!! If you were sitting in the waiting room at an auctioneers were there was about to be an auction for your dream home would you declare your interest to everyone else there??

Eh, don't think so - and that is exactly what's happening. There is a small fortune to be made from the BB format in the rights hands. Voting alone would be reason enough to buy the rights let alone advertising revenue.

BB will always have it's begrudgers saying the format is dead etc etc - let them. BB will around for at least another 10 years and I have a feeling it with only get bigger and better. I'm glad Channel 4 have done what they have done. Don't think they had the people behind the scenes that are needed to bring BB to the next level.

Wherever it does end up I think it will more of an online venture. With broadband becoming more and more available, the chances are that in two years time people will watch more TV via the internet - it may even be that the two are almost one in people's homes.

So that will mean we will be able to watch live streaming on our TVs. We might even have 'room choice' viewing in the BB House, maybe even 'camera choice' :D

So, long live Big Brother and lets hope that this final year we have with Celebrity BB & Big Brother Summer 2010 on Channel 4 and E4 will be worth waiting for and that, wherever BB's next incarnation is, it will bigger and better than ever :)

Long Live BB :cool:

Advertisement