Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Gorey

Options
  • 26-08-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Have recently moved to gorey and i'm looking to get broadband, preferably without getting a phone line.

Anyone know of a supplier?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

www.regionalbroadband.ie

If you're in a more rural are, Killenagh, Ballycanew etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

I'm not certain about whats available in gorey but i was in a similar situation until a few months ago. I'm in Carlow, tried out other options on broadband - didn't want to have to get a phone line but in the end just bit the bullet and got the phone line in the house.

Satellite variations of the broadband almost worked out as expensive on a monthly basis and can be a tad unreliable with weather and what not (im told). Satellite ones also seem to have a pretty hefty signup cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

not trying to knock regional braodband but 3mb with them costs 50 euro according to the site.

i have 3mb with perlico and a phone line with unlimited landline calls. not to shabby for the same cost. you have the relability of the phone line connection then also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

i'm with 3 but its always really slow in the evenings for some reason is grand during the day so depends when you want to use it most i suppose:eek:

• Advertisement

jimzy wrote: »
    not trying to knock regional braodband but 3mb with them costs 50 euro according to the site.

i have 3mb with perlico and a phone line with unlimited landline calls. not to shabby for the same cost. you have the relability of the phone line connection then also.

very true they are expensive in comparision, but it's a case of like it or not get it... they're the only ones I can get in my area and there's no way around it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Hi
    Had Regional out today and they are unable to get a signal (Gorey)
    Do any of ye know of another provider?
    Permanet won't work
    O2 really poor signal
    Vodafone not much better
    Fixed phone line not broadband capable
    Am i just stuck without broadband until Eircom get the line upgraded??

[apologies, not trying to hijack thread]

Thanks for any help you can give

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Did you try Digiweb?

It's not looking good to be honest, I was stuck for a couple of years and as a wannabe homeworker it was VERY frustrating, thankfully Regional saved the day so hopefully something will come along. I don't even think that Gorey is on the NBS map either!

Was in touch with Digiweb
    Confirmed that they can give me satellite broadband - but the equipment is going to cost € 729!!:eek:
    Got back to eircom who reckon that line should be broadband ready by Christmas?
    Looks like i might have to go the dialup route until then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

You could Try Alpha broadband based in Courtown
    or Try SKYTEL based in wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

DustyBin wrote: »
    :
    Got back to eircom who reckon that line should be broadband ready by Christmas?
    Looks like i might have to go the dialup route until then

Did they say which Christmas? I'm inclined to take everything Eircom say with a very large grain of salt, my line was broadband enabled three years after the "absolutely latest target time".

Alpha dead nice and extremely helpful but cannot reach us
    Gave lots of help and advice about which competitors to try!!!

If somebody is thinking of getting broadband please give Alpha a call - just a shame I couldn't give them my business

Skytel cannot reach us either

The search goes on

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

You could try these aswell www.abbtelecom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

what part of gorey are u in? townsland / estate or street? i can ask an uncle in eircom to look into it for you.

besides that, try broadband.ie, there is a list of all service providers on there in our area

PM sent
    Thanks

Advertisement