Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply upgrade?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

I'm thinking of upgrading my machine to an Intel Core i7-920 running off an Asus P6T SE X58 mainboard with a Radeon HD 4890 graphics card and 6GB of DDR3 memory. My current power supply is a Storm 700W unit, which is three years old. Would this work with the new setup, or should I upgrade it too?

Edit: I'd also be keeping my current hard drive (250 GB) and optical drive, and adding a new 1TB hard drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

700 W must be enough for that machine. However I don't know the Storm brand, and I would recommend to buy a good PSU such as Corsair, OCZ... for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭1948Wolseley

Thanks for that, I'll probably keep it unless it actually goes wrong though.

Advertisement