Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ID do I need for a child on an internal flight?

• 26-08-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I know this has probably been asked before but I did a search and can't find a definate answer. I've booked an internal flight, Kerry/Dublin, for me and my toddler (he's just 3) for this Saturday.

I saw somewhere on the Ryan Air website some time ago that children under 16 don't need a photo ID for internal flights. I asked in the Garda station, when I went to get passport form and they said I shouldn't need one. I was just going to bring my passport and his birthcert.

Has the rules been changed as I now can't find the blurb again on the Ryan Air website...and I'm out of time to get a passport.

It's his first time on a plane, and I don't want the child getting all excited, to be refused at the door. Or to get up to Dublin and find I can't get back!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

According to the t+c`s

A valid travel document is required by all passengers travelling on Ryanair flights (including infants)

Full t+c`s can be found http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php

It would seem to me that you will need a passport for the child.

There used to be a section about children using birth certs but I think all that has changed. Then again might be there further down in the t+c`s. You will need to read the whole document fully OR call them for clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

Yep, they have changed their policy since I last read it!! They changed it on the 21st of May 2009.

I just rang Ryan Air, if you have booked your tickets before 21st May you are ok to travel on an internal flight without a passport for a minor. Anything booked after those dates, you must have a passport, even for a baby.

So now I have the choice, of a 2 hour trip to Cork to get an emergency passport tomorrow, or cancelling the 24 hour trip to Dublin on Saturday!

oh *#^&!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

They are changing their policy in October 09, so that Adults can't use a drivers licence for an internal flight any more. It's to do with online check -in. They will only accept passports for online check in, and from October there will only be online check in with Ryan Air..

Advertisement