Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shodan

Options
  • 26-08-2009 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Well I think Ive started about 3 of these in the last few years, but for many reason I let things slide. Well now Ive no excuse. Exams are over, Im now married and the house is built.
    So I bit the bullet and joined the gym on Saturday. Getting back to Karate on Monday evening so my training will look like this:

Monday - Karate - 90 mins
    Tuesday - Astro - 60min
    Wednesday - Gym
    Thursday - Gym
    Friday - Gym
    Saturday and Sunday unsure yet. Will more than likely hit the gym one of the days.

Diet is pretty clean, although I do have a vice for biscuits!!

7.30am - Porridge, protein shake
    10.15am - Coffee and toasted brown bread
    12.15 - lunch - brown bread sambo with chicken and salad
    3.00 - Coffee
    6pm - Dinner - meat and veg, fish, pasta

Stats -
    Height - 5ft 7
    Weight - 11 stone
    BF - Feels like 50% but its about 20%

Goals -
    Get my black belt in Karate
    Get fit
    Put on lean muscle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

congratz on getting back into it! But just a word of advise, it might be a good idea to put your thursdays session to sunday so your not training in the gym twice in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

congratz on getting back into it! But just a word of advise, it might be a good idea to put your thursdays session to sunday so your not training in the gym twice in a row

Id probably just use Thursday to stretch and hit the sauna and steam room.
    I need to look at the diet side of things also so that I dont lose energy when Im training.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Absolutely nothing wrong with training 2 days in a row, if it wer me id skip the friday and go in sat.

Im hoping to do a split weights routine

Day 1 - Shoulders/Back
    Day 2 - Tris/Legs
    Day 3 - Chest/Bi's

If I could only do 3 days and wanted to split them up id either do

chest & legs
    back & bi's
    shoulders & tri's

or

chest & tri's
    back & bi's
    shoulders & legs

your suggesting that your goin to do shoulders & back thats a hell of alot of upper work

• Advertisement

Dubdude wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing wrong with training 2 days in a row, if it wer me id skip the friday and go in sat.

but if he where training that day it would have been 3 in a row...

but if he where training that day it would have been 3 in a row...

but he's only starting in the gym on wed, mon is karate and tues is football which leaves wed & thurs for gym

yea but where are his rest days?

Dubdude wrote: »
    If I could only do 3 days and wanted to split them up id either do

chest & legs
    back & bi's
    shoulders & tri's

or

chest & tri's
    back & bi's
    shoulders & legs

your suggesting that your goin to do shoulders & back thats a hell of alot of upper work

Cheers for that. Working shoulders and back together might be a bit tough alright :)
    Working back and bi's together would be a nice combo. Ill give that a go tonight and see how I get on.

yea but where are his rest days?

I see what you're saying cardio. Im going to have to feel this one out I think. I have 4 days to hit the gym so Ill have to work out what day/days are going to be rest days.
    Also the days Im playing soccer I can probably work in a weights session which means I can separate out the routines a bit.

Also I wont be hitting heavy weights until I have the Black Belt grading done. Working heavy weights can have an adverse affect on your focus for Kata and basics.

• Advertisement

cool cool, i wasnt trying to knock you or anything, was just concerned :P

cool cool, i wasnt trying to knock you or anything, was just concerned :P

Cheers!! Any tips or help I can get at this stage Ill take on board.
    Oh and I forgot my other goal - lose the belly thats developed over the last 3 months. Sweet Jebus it has to go.

Wednesday 26th - Cardio

2000m Row - Level 10 - 8 mins
    10 min Internal run on Treadmill. 1min @ 9km - 1min @13.5km
    Cross Trainer - 15min Alpine pass on level 8.
    2 x 1 min rounds on punch bag.

Was wrecked. Fitness definitely isnt up to scratch. Might spend the next week just working on the cardio and then start into the weights.

Pretty much sticking to the cardio routine all last week.
    2000m Row - Level 10 - 8 mins
    10 min Internal run on Treadmill. 1min @ 9km - 1min @13.5km
    Cross Trainer - 15min Alpine pass on level 8.
    2 x 1 min rounds on punch bag.

Went in to try and do some weights on Sunday. Was doing Back and bi's to test things out. Thought I was going to get sick at one stage. Thinking my fitness isnt up to scratch so I might spend this week on cardio again and then work in the weights after that. I wasnt even lifting anything heavy.

Advertisement