Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgages

Options
  • 26-08-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

anyone know of anyway I can get out of a fixed rate mortgage without paying huge charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The only way you can "get out" is if your mortgage provider lets you. You have a contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

anyone know of anyway I can get out of a fixed rate mortgage without paying huge charges?

also have you really thought this through. are you really sure you want to get out? The variable rates may look low now but what it they go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

also have you really thought this through. are you really sure you want to get out? The variable rates may look low now but what it they go up?

It also depends on what you fixed your rate at.

Like said because variable rates are so low it look like the banks are going to charge more for them. One bank already has and the rest have said that they wont do anything with a new charge but you just know they will sneak it in.

Im fixed that last two years and its at a rate i can afford. Soon after I fixed the rate went up for a short time at least and sharply and then it came crashing down but logicially i think personally I got a good deal. waiting to hear what they offering because the fixed period nearly over.

Advertisement