Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monitor Advice: 22"-24" 16:10 ratio

Options
  • 26-08-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new monitor to replace now dead poc Dell one.

I've a large HDTV so I'll be using this mainly for gaming and some standard web browsing, etc.

It should be 22"-24" with a 16:10 format ratio, with good refresh and black levels. It's going to be run over a Radeon 4870 with has dual DVI output.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new monitor to replace now dead poc Dell one.

I've a large HDTV so I'll be using this mainly for gaming and some standard web browsing, etc.

It should be 22"-24" with a 16:10 format ratio, with good refresh and black levels. It's going to be run over a Radeon 4870 with has dual DVI output.

Samsung T2x0 range is my preference. Should be plenty of reviews about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Hi Spear,

Yeah I've been looking at the T260 and T260HD but reading mix review if the HD is worth the extra beer tokens money.
    Also the tuner seem to add image lag but since I'm not a hardcore gamer {yet} don't know if that a real-life issue.
    Spear wrote: »
    Samsung T2x0 range is my preference. Should be plenty of reviews about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Hi Spear,

Yeah I've been looking at the T260 and T260HD but reading mix review if the HD is worth the extra beer tokens money.
    Also the tuner seem to add image lag but since I'm not a hardcore gamer {yet} don't know if that a real-life issue.

I have the T260 and love it but I don't think the integrated tuner option is worth it.

Advertisement