Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Moylussa

• 26-08-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what the story is on getting up Moylussa. From what I've seen on the net some of the landowners don't allow walkers to get to the top.

Can anyone let me know if there's a way up the top without offending anyone.

Cheers,
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

You could start at the two-mile gate and walk up to the top through the forrestry roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers BravoMike,

I'm assuming that the two mile gate is on the Killaloe side. I'm not from the area at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Sorry I assumed you knew the area. As you are driving from Killalloe to Scariff (R463), roughly 2 minutes drive on that road you will see a turn on your left with a brown coloured Coilte sign for Ballycuggarn wood. If you head up the track you can park your car there, from there you can trek up to the top.
    Around there is my home place and I have not heard of many farmers objecting I have drivin up to the top on a Quad a few times without any questions being raised.
    Anyway best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Thanks once more BM,

I have it on the OS map now, I hope to get up there sooner rather than later.

Regards,
    R.

Advertisement