Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera wet - beyond repair ?

• 26-08-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

I got 2 Sony cameras (PC120E camcorder & DSC-W5 still) wet on holiday. Canoeing accident - long story.

Allianz say that before they can consider the claim they want a certificate that the cameras are beyond repair. (They are very dead - tried a number of options to resuscitate without success)

Is a camera shop going to charge me to certify this ? I don't want to spend eur100 if I can avoid it. Thoughts on way fwd, where to go ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I couldn't see them charging, they'll probably just glance over it and certify it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

I expect to make things easy I could go in with a preprinted page for them to stamp or sign ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'd assume so, maybe hint that you plan on getting the replacement from them. :D

Advertisement