Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dot mount for kalash aks74u?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Anyone know any airsoft stores in ireland (preferbaly dublin) that sell mounts for a kalash rk-01/aks-74u that will hold a red dot site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

You'd need to go abroad for that to be honest. You have two choices:

A: Buy a replica Kobra red-dot sight specifically for AKs -
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/1s03-military-rifle-scope-p-1934.html
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-kobra-military-ak-red-dot-sight-ekp-1s-03.html

B: Buy a rail mount -
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2974 (note: This MTK-83 would be the most accurate mount in terms of realism)
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1915

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Glass is weak in the Kobras and they have problems with ghosting in the reticle.

if you have the money for the real job, can be got cheap enough, relative to quality.

Glass is weak in the Kobras and they have problems with ghosting in the reticle.

if you have the money for the real job, can be got cheap enough, relative to quality.

Yeah, they're not supposed to be great. Where to get the real ones though... I have no idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

http://www.ebairsoft.com/cyma-side-mount-p-1063.html

Cheaper, plus postage included, and Having used this mount on a kalash aks74un, It fits great, sits quite low down on the reciver unlike the other, and takes red dots perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

cheers everybody i think i will go with the Cyma AK QD side mount

• Advertisement

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Yeah, they're not supposed to be great. Where to get the real ones though... I have no idea...
    best bet? ebay... a friend got one for 40£ once...

Firekitten wrote: »
    best bet? ebay... a friend got one for 40£ once...

Really? That cheap? Whoa. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

If you haven't already gone and purchased it, Hobbyairsoft are doing the same style as the Cyma mount (yes I know it's not on the site:o) for €25.

19$ posted still kicks 25yoyos... and those arent the same mounts that I saw at Salute... they were the screw on mount.

19$ posted still kicks 25yoyos... and those arent the same mounts that I saw at Salute... they were the screw on mount.

Yes true, it does.....but is offset by the delay in recieving your purchase...particulary from the chuckle brothers in ebairsoft (if you even receive the correct item) as of late.

As for the mount, we have two styles. Both of which have now been mentioned. I've included pic's below.

63178451BF0A489A9C11EAD2BFA26C4A.jpg

2103856485214E1EAE7EAD112080C029.jpg

• Advertisement

Personally I get great service from Paul... And I'd rather spend less and recive it a week later, than double to get it sooner... I have paitence... its a virtue I hear...:rolleyes:

Personally I get great service from Paul... And I'd rather spend less and recive it a week later, than double to get it sooner... I have paitence... its a virtue I hear...:rolleyes:

Well Kitten, aren't we the lucky one. Great service and, i am assuming here, that you always get the correct order.

As for patience, glad to hear that you have it.....I'm told it's something that all great snipers should have:rolleyes:

Yes, as a matter of fact I've always recived what I've ordered... That tends to be what happens with shops... no?

errr no. Most recent example, ordered anti-rotation links, received Metal Hop-up chamber.

however, this is starting to pull away from op question. I believe he has been given the information he requires, and no, I don't mean that he should just order from HobbyAirsoft. From China or here.

Mistakes happen... Did you email paul about it? if you recive the wrong items he does tend to send out what you were supposed to get if it was on the order form...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not hearing the best of things from ebaybanned anymore, believe they have really slacked on some stuff.

I'm picking up one of these

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=263861&cat=03&subcat=17

I believe a few lads were telling me they are great, they used them on their AK's.

I was mucking about with one yesterday in our shop and they look the business and are pretty good for the price. The mount system on them is a pain, but overall a savagely priced reticle that looks well on AKs ( from pics) and excellent on the front of an armalite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ebaybanned is a very handy shop for some good quality items, except for the fact its run by goons.
    you can order a scope and get a BDU instead, for this you have to wait 2-3 weeks and then have to return it and wait another 2-3. You email them to find out whats going on and where you stuff is and in return you get "Wait Soon. :D;) ) If you order more than i item the'll often send them in individual packages meaning you cant expect them all on the one day, so you have to make sure someones there to collect them without knowing when they are going to arrive.

If i was allowed one free murder it would have to be used on "jesse" in ebaybanned...

mm, can I borrow your stanley knife and get a stab in too Richie? I'll agree on that one... Customer service isnt her strong point.. caffine maybe... email.... no

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm not hearing the best of things from ebaybanned anymore, believe they have really slacked on some stuff.

I'm picking up one of these

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=263861&cat=03&subcat=17

I believe a few lads were telling me they are great, they used them on their AK's.

I was mucking about with one yesterday in our shop and they look the business and are pretty good for the price. The mount system on them is a pain, but overall a savagely priced reticle that looks well on AKs ( from pics) and excellent on the front of an armalite.

I just spoke to hobbyairsoft and they said that they can't be ajusted :(.

I just spoke to hobbyairsoft and they said that they can't be ajusted :(.

I didnt even look for windage or elevation or any adjustable screws, I slapped it on a 416 similar to mine and it was just perfectly aligned in the middle, or look through the kinda ****ty white line as an iron sight, but it lined up perfect.

Then again I'm not a big believer in scopes I think its bollox, so I just wanted it cause I think it looks nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Masada wrote: »
    If i was allowed one free murder it would have to be used on "jesse" in ebaybanned...

JesseWanted.jpg

you can get a similar version which does have windage and elevation... similar price... and its an irish site i saw it on.. forget which...

you can get a similar version which does have windage and elevation... similar price... and its an irish site i saw it on.. forget which...

I think I know which one ;) You bleedin chancer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would DealExtreme be of any use? http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.914

I get lots of crap from them, and shipping slow as hell, but always what I ordered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

They used to be in the shop a good while back doc, ask tony and he should be able to sort one for ya, they weren't that popular when they were in., there easy enough to break too.,

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

going a bit off topic here, but does anyone know how to mount a kobra sight (the EA one on ehobby) to akms? Cheers

Advertisement