Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband- Recent Experience

Options
  • 26-08-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just moved to Cabra and looking for Broadband. Does anyone have any experience of what Smart's service is like? I know they were previously regarded as the best but is this still applicable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ares wrote: »
    Hi
    Just moved to Cabra and looking for Broadband. Does anyone have any experience of what Smart's service is like? I know they were previously regarded as the best but is this still applicable?

Thanks.

They sell their products using false claims, they contradicted their customers contracts and introduced a semi-secret cap without telling even their own techs.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=3313

Try Magnet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

well caps dont bother me as I dont download a huge amount. Its just consistent speed and stability I'd like.
    And looking at magnets poor website, it seem you have to call to get any real info.
    At this stage its a straight choice between eircom and smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

meh, I would still recommend Smart's service. It is rock solid.

I have read over the thread that Spear pointed out and I would agree with most of it's sentiment. But that is beside the point.

Smart do offer a very good service, if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it's between eircom and Smart, I'd still pick Smart in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Cheers, just wanted to know its still decent, was with UPC the last 2 years and it was great, but my new place isnt wired for UPC broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement