Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long can I use windows 7 RC for?

• 26-08-2009 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey just a quick question.
    I installed windows 7 RC a few weeks ago.
    I used the key given to me by Microsoft.

How long can I use this for before I have to purchase a full version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

NM, found the answer on the MS site.
    June 2010

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

From here:

"Remember expiration dates: Please plan ahead for when the RC expires. You'll get two weeks' notice, and then beginning on March 1, 2010, your PC will start shutting down every two hours. The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS with a valid version of Windows, and reinstall all your programs and data before the software expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, I love the way they made it seem like it would be usable until June, but what fecking use is an OS that shuts down every 2 hours:p
    March 2010 is the more realistic answer

So from March 2010 it will shut down every 2 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

tuxy wrote: »
    So from March 2010 it will shut down every 2 hours?
    beginning on March 1, 2010, your PC will start shutting down every two hours.
    It seems so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

So whats the point of allowing You use it till June then?

To give you a chance to backup data before replacing it maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

tuxy wrote: »
    Hey just a quick question.
    I installed windows 7 RC a few weeks ago.
    I used the key given to me by Microsoft.

How long can I use this for before I have to purchase a full version?

click on windows program button
    in search type winver and press enter
    you should see the evaluation copy expires 1/3/2010

Advertisement