Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Celtic - 2nd leg - Emirates

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Delighted we've gone through.

While we were dished out with three large slices of luck over the course of the tie I really don't think that Celtic would have deserved the Champions League place, they're simply not good enough.

Was embarrassed by Eduardo's dive. I can see how it fooled the ref although if the ref had any common sense he wouldn't have given it as the ball was basically out of play as Eduardo started going down.

I'll be pi**ed off if he gets a ban though considering the stuff player have gotten away with it recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I will say this; should he get a 2 match ban, I would expect that it would be a precedent set for the remainder of the Champions League and that should any similar incidents arise, as invariably they will, that the offender get the same punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Williecocker?????

When are you going to specsavers?

I was probably the first to call it a dive on here.
    I also said i wouldn't dispute any action taken, fact was the ref let it go.

Now climb aboard and jump......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

When are you going to specsavers?

I was probably the first to call it a dive on here.
    I also said i wouldn't dispute any action taken, fact was the ref let it go.

Now climb aboard and jump......:)

You said it was a bit of a dive and that there was minimal contact, not me who needs to go to specsavers, and at no point have you condemed he's actions, I await !!

You said it was a bit of a dive and that there was minimal contact, not me who needs to go to specsavers, and at no point have you condemed he's actions, I await !!

I will comdemn his actions when he's red carded and banned for it.
    Fact is it was dive, and it went his way like sooo many others.
    Get over it.....

I will comdemn his actions when he's red carded and banned for it.
    Fact is it was dive, and it went his way like sooo many others.
    Get over it.....

Why do you have to wait for him to be banned are you incapable of thinking for yourself or what??

And no I wont get over it, I am an Arsenal fan as you well know and what Eduardo did last Wednesday night has left a very sour taste in my mouth and has spoiled what has been a near perfect start to the new season for the gunners.

How did you feel when Eduardo had he's leg broken?? Fact is it was a tackle and it went Martin Taylors' way like sooo many others :rolleyes:

Why do you have to wait for him to be banned are you incapable of thinking for yourself or what??
    Say the same to the manager of the club you support.
    Do you not like him now either?
    He didn't condemn the player, so why should i?
    And no I wont get over it, I am an Arsenal fan as you well know and what Eduardo did last Wednesday night has left a very sour taste in my mouth and has spoiled what has been a near perfect start to the new season for the gunners.
    Do you need councelling?
    You don't sound like an Arsenal fan, i could hear the Arsenal fans chanting Eduardo's name after the penalty was given.
    I think the same would happen in all clubs.
    Fact is whether we condemn him or not people will still label him as a cheat even if he never does it again, so i couldn't care less.
    How did you feel when Eduardo had he's leg broken?? Fact is it was a tackle and it went Martin Taylors' way like sooo many others :rolleyes:
    Well it didn't go his way he was sent off if you actually saw the game?:rolleyes:

Say the same to the manager of the club you support.

i could hear the Arsenal fans chanting Eduardo's name after the penalty was given.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion that you dont have the ability to think for yourself :rolleyes:

I will leave it at that and assume that given the fact that you have to return to school next week I wont have to read anymore of your ramblings :P

Thanks for confirming my suspicion that you dont have the ability to think for yourself :rolleyes:

I will leave it at that and assume that given the fact that you have to return to school next week I wont have to read anymore of your ramblings :P

Your quite the petty Celtic supporter you know that? :pac:
    I wouldn't give my opinion to a supporter who can't pick which club to support :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

so nobody said it wasn't a dive.
    I admit.

But that actually proves my point

Hmmmm :confused:

anyawys,

a 2 match ban is a joke.
    who gives a toss .

will that stop it ?

no

Not on your nelly.

Heres what should happen

Result reversed (Arsenal out on away goals ) or Arsenal offer to replay the game.

no bloody chance.

Too much money and hypocrisy at stake.
    Too little spine at UEFA to mess around with England's elite.

Now thats football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Pal wrote: »
    so nobody said it wasn't a dive.
    It wasn't a dive :p, Seriously though im annoyed that Eduardo has dived,
    lost a bit of respect from me, but Uefa can't only single him out.
    They better follow up this and punish every player that dives this year, nearly impossible.

Having said that Eduardo has lost a bit of respect from me he could certainly
    earn that respect again by scoring against United tomorrow :P
    but we'll leave that for another thread ;):pac:.

Redzer7 wrote: »

Having said that Eduardo has lost a bit of respect from me he could certainly
    earn that respect again by scoring against United tomorrow :P
    but we'll leave that for another thread ;):pac:.

And that's what it all boils down to no matter which club/player you support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

And that's what it all boils down to no matter which club/player you support.
    Exactly :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Heres what should happen

Result reversed (Arsenal out on away goals ) or Arsenal offer to replay the game.

no bloody chance.

So instead of the yellow card that it was in the past, we instead throw a club out of a European competition (an action for which it has previously taken spectator deaths of some form or another), deny them about 20 million or so, and let in a club that weren't even close to going through regardless of the incident. And we do all this without any prior warning to the club. Yellow card transformed straight into this.

That's a really really really great idea. :P

gosplan wrote: »
    So instead of the yellow card that it was in the past, we instead throw a club out of a European competition (an action for which it has previously taken spectator deaths of some form or another), deny them about 20 million or so, and let in a club that weren't even close to going through regardless of the incident. And we do all this without any prior warning to the club. Yellow card transformed straight into this.

That's a really really really great idea. :P

spectator deaths !
    WTF ?

we're talking about a diver

Now should Arsenal offer a replay ?

I think so.

stay on topic please.

spectator deaths !
    WTF ?

I know. AFAIK the last time clubs were actually dismissed from a European competition (what you're effectively proposing) was after Heysel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I think so.

And the result would still be the same, an easy Arsenal win.

spectator deaths !
    WTF ?

I think so.

stay on topic please.

Offer a replay?? What happened to the result reversed, Arsenal out option?

Regardless, no they shouldn't offer a replay. Why the hell should they?

....and since when did pointing out how ridiculous your suggestion is become off topic?

calm down.
    we're all entitled to our POV.
    I'd put them out because that would stop the next chancer diving but thats just me.
    Wenger was a tad pitiful.
    good article by james Lawton in todays Indo.
    (its probably linked. do a google if you must challenge)
    He sums up the whole sorry story pretty well.

• Advertisement

calm down.
    we're all entitled to our POV.
    I'd put them out because that would stop the next chancer diving but thats just me.

and if Celtic were involved you would feel the same, would you?

Oh dear god! I shudder to think but I'll take a look.

gosplan wrote: »
    Oh dear god! I shudder to think but I'll take a look.

read it last night, terrible article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He dived, no doubt about it, and I support UEFA in punishing him, just so long as every dive is going to punished.

Arsenal offering a replay is a ridiculous suggestion, Arsenal outclassed Celtic over both legs. Eduardo dived for one goal.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    just so long as every dive is going to punished.

I'll believe that when I see it

He couldn't bring himself to say that his striker Eduardo da Silva had performed one of the more shocking pieces of deceit even at a time when such behaviour has become almost standard.

Why is the moral responsibility suddenly on Wenger to be the first to condemn his own players for what Lawton calls 'almost standard' behaviour? Seriously, why this match, why now?

Wenger said that it wasn't a penalty and I'm surprised he went that far. Seriously, Lawton is always spouting this righteous indignation stuff. Don't fall for it, it's a joke. It's his schtick and he's built a career on it, much like Eamonn Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Aresenal were the better team, best of luck to them in the CL.

Eduardo cheated, was caught and will be punished.

the saddest thing of it all is that he really didn't need to.

Advertisement