Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooded House

Options
  • 26-08-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I didn't want to hi-jack the other thread about the washing machine flooding the apartment, so here goes:

Rented house in a rural area, flooded recently due to abnormally heavy rainfall. The tenants are in situ for a few years and it has never flooded previously. The landlord was informed when it flooded and promptly pumped out the water and cleaned the house as best as possible, with the tenant's assistance. The landlord replaced some of the tenant's items, e.g. bed linen which had been damaged. I gather that it's the tenant's responsibility to have their own personal effects insured, which is fine. My question is, who should be responsible for disposal of the tenant's damaged items? Presumably the tenant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My question is, who should be responsible for disposal of the tenant's damaged items? Presumably the tenant?

Correct. The tenant. The same as disposal of any waste/refuse.

Advertisement