Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPPA in Dundrum?

• 26-08-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Anyone else been to see this? A dis proportionate amount of wedding stuff for my liking but all the same some great shots, worth poppin in for if you live close.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

where in dundrum, the shopping centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Ground floor , ya cant miss it. walk in from the dundrum village side.....watch out though some have that really annoying halo effect ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

yes, I thought there was a lot wedding stuff there too, and some of it only average...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

A lot of IPPA stuff is average at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I ran into this the other day in Dundrum. To be honest about it, I was sooooo disappointed by it. So much so that I contemplated posting a one word review on the forum here: title being "IPPA - A Critical Review" and a one word body of the post with the word "Boring" in it. My wife did, on the other hand, find some interest in it but also felt that it wasn't great overall.

Technically the photos were produced accurately but almost too accurate. I dunno, it just didn't grab me one little bit. Maybe it was just me but as a collection of themed randomness it just didn't work.

Feic. I'm getting too cranky in my photographic expectations. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I ran into this the other day in Dundrum. To be honest about it, I was sooooo disappointed by it. So much so that I contemplated posting a one word review on the forum here: title being "IPPA - A Critical Review" and a one word body of the post with the word "Boring" in it. My wife did, on the other hand, find some interest in it but also felt that it wasn't great overall.

Technically the photos were produced accurately but almost too accurate. I dunno, it just didn't grab me one little bit. Maybe it was just me but as a collection of themed randomness it just didn't work.

Feic. I'm getting too cranky in my photographic expectations. ;)

I think that's a pretty fair description of the work of the IPPA in general. Like anything there are noble exceptions but in my experience with them in the past most of the stuff is formulaic and boring. What really got me about a number of them was how they seemed to think that a photographer in some way equated to being a brain surgeon. The notions they have/had of themselves was incredible.

In their defence, they are appealing to the masses and the middled of the road, safe stuff that they do is still the stuff that most people are asking for. The Daniel O'Donnell syndrome. And who is to say that they aren't right and we are the snobs..........

• Registered Users Posts: 35 photogirl

Oh I might have a walk over and have a look. I wont feel too bad if I miss it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Saw them today, lots of wedding stuff alright. What are they printed on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yes, I thought there was a lot wedding stuff there too, and some of it only average...

agree, was down in Waterford for a few day holidays, where there was a wedding exhibition on Annie Brophy and it was so much better - in the words of Danny :- so not "Daniel O'Donnelly" , in comparison :o

Advertisement