Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on the Dboys/Kalash KAC PDW,,

Options
  • 26-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Im eyeing up one of these,,,if any body could share some experienced info it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

everything i;ve read to seems to point to a good high quality clone, nice thread over on arnies

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=170979&st=0&start=0

i would have had once to review if french custom had not gone mad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

I have mine 3 days now and i'm really impressed i have to say. The build quality for a clone is really good. Absolutely zero wobble on the receiver or barrel and the weak point of the piece, i had assumed would be foldable stock even that is nice and solid against the shoulder when extended.

Shooting wise it's pretty good for a short barrel cqb aeg. First thing u do if u do get is to disassemble it and give the barrel and especially the hop are good cleaning and believe me mine was absolutely filthy, after that it should be fine. Mine is shooting 295-300 out of the box and accuaracy is almost but not quite as good as my d boys s system, but that's just cause of the shorter barrel i'd reckon.

Externally it looks the business, it's really small and compact but it looks mean. Mine has the white stenciled trades, while not as nice as the engraved versions out there, are nice and i've seen a lot worse! The main grioe i guess is the peq battery box, which does take from it somewhat imho. It's just too big for this size of an aeg (then again i'd prob be the first to stick a peq-15 replica on there anyway, so i can't comment:p)

The supplied mag is absolute pants, i binned mine, my mag and ca m4 midcaps fit perfect, feed well and look better.

All in all very happy with it, i would recommend a decent hop up rubber for it, i have a guarder silicone on the way, plus prob a tightbore and a proper sling. Hope this helps :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I got one for the little fella, have to say though, i would rate it as the highest quality clone ive ever opened. the gearbox has 7mm bearings in it and mine was even shimmed correctly, ive had high ends that didnt even get that right.
    the Spring guide is a bearing one too and the piston head is a new type. the rest is typical dboys gear and is pretty solid.

its chrono'ing 300ish and with the one mod i did being the hopup rubber, the range is very impressive. I borrowed it for a game in red barn last week and it generated a lot of interest with the others. I found it quite easy to run with it in one hand while jumping over a gate, I loved using it.

One small problem i noticed though, the screws that hold in the stock latch need some thread lock on them or else they'll move out slightly, allowing the catch and spring to fall out.
    i liked the mag that comes with it too, Tony's looking into getting me a load of them. its a 120rd midcap and is designed off the single stack 5.56mm RS mag. if you over fill it though you can actually feel it expanding. i reckon it would break open if you put too much force on it a few times.

The PEQ holds the battery and its very strong, has an RIS rail on the outside and comes with the laser warning sticker kit. the wiring stands out a bit though and looks a bit crap, i re routed it through the bottom of the upper receiver instead so it sits under the PEQ now instead of on top of it. the internal battery case is held in by a screw cap on the bow itself so no worries of the battery falling out of the box like the older design ones.

Controls are nice and i particularly like the ambi mag release, its comfy to use, feels natural, no going looking for it when your trying to change magazine under fire, if your a lefty your index finger sits right on top of it. theres an ambi fire selector there too and the bolt catch is functional and covers the hopup unit.

If ya dont like the PEQ on there you can pop out a pin at the gas block and remove the 2 fake gas tubes to make a nice bit of space to take a lipo. The gun is much more compact like that.

as i said, i got this one for the little fella, but liked it so much i got tony to order me one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

Well thats that,,looks like il be getting one so,,,,thanks to all you guys,,the info is appreciated.

Advertisement