Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deathknights...

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Well I've been playing WoW since Vanilla, and when TBC came out I never bothered rolling a shaman - not even a "lets see how they are" kind of shammy.

Same thing happened with Wrath. I looked at DK's and created one. Never logged him in. Until last night.

Jesus christ they are a fun class to play! I've done some of the starting quest chain (up as far as the crypt now) but they are wicked! Seriously!

Discuss :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The DK starting quest line and story is one of the best things in WoW imo, I really enjoyed it. As for general game play, they can be alot of fun, especially if you enjoy soloing as they are so well equipped for apmost any challenge. The biggest problem with the class (now that we are no longer totally overpowered) is that there are so many DKs at end game now, they are never in real demand. And there's alot of terrible DKs out there too, so be prepared for some hate at least until people recognise you as a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Anyone who hasnt done the first 3 dk levels is missing out on some of the best wow experiences, its only a few hours before they rejoin the rest of the wow populace, but its well worth doing the initial levels even if you have no intention of getting a dk all the way to 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Drakar wrote: »
    Anyone who hasnt done the first 3 dk levels is missing out on some of the best wow experiences, its only a few hours before they rejoin the rest of the wow populace, but its well worth doing the initial levels even if you have no intention of getting a dk all the way to 80.

have to agree... started a DK got him to 58... then to 60.... then stopped!!
    but best 3 levels in aages great fun and might even start one again jsut to do them 3 levels quests! when will they hurry and release a new hero class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

have to agree... started a DK got him to 58... then to 60.... then stopped!!
    but best 3 levels in aages great fun and might even start one again jsut to do them 3 levels quests! when will they hurry and release a new hero class!!

I think the lack of a Hero Class in Cataclysm is quite telling. If they intended to add another I don't see why they would choose not to do it for Cataclysm. I don't think they anticipated how difficult it would be to add a class at such a late stage. Only recently have they gained any semblance of balance for DKs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Did it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angua82

Love my DK..great for solo play and to make gold at 80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Had a huntard as my main, but could never quiet grasp how to use him properly. Then rolled dk, and its my main now. Took a long break from WoW and only started to really enjoy it when i rolled a dk. Best pvp i ever had was with my dk when i kept him at 69. Now he is 80 in pvp gear, but i dont do so well in pvp:(. Saying that though, even in pvp gear he does well enough in pve, problem is, being dps it can be a headache trying to get into groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

multi spec and get some tank gear. you can do both then.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

af666x wrote: »
    Well I've been playing WoW since Vanilla, and when TBC came out I never bothered rolling a shaman - not even a "lets see how they are" kind of shammy.

Same thing happened with Wrath. I looked at DK's and created one. Never logged him in. Until last night.

Jesus christ they are a fun class to play! I've done some of the starting quest chain (up as far as the crypt now) but they are wicked! Seriously!

Discuss :D:D:D

I'm going to play them tonight for first time, looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The quest chain was nice but I found the class itself to be incredibly boring. Back when I tried it I didn't even need to know what I was doing in order to faceroll everything casually - Got it to level 65 then deleted it with extreme prejudice.

I guess I was just too used to melee orientated play - First character was a Rogue which I quit after two-years, already had a Warrior, have a Paladin & Enhance Shaman (Ranged wise Hunter, Priest, Mage) and my main is a ShadowPriest, mostly because it's entirely unique and a challenging experience (in every sense, moreso because it's been a weak spec since mid-TBC).

I don't disrespect the class or those who play it (DK wise) but I'll never play one again.

You never played one.

You cant tell jack about a class on till your 80 and start really pushing the class. be it PVP or PVE! and i can tell you as ToC/Ulda Tanking DK. They offer alot more then any other class in this roll.

But them to there own.

Alot of the one button faceroll " I win button" type of people wont like them, Because you have to know WTF your doing to play one right.

The problem is, There and to many DKs and only a hand full of people can play them right, Its like what happened to Hunters not to long ago,

But. For someone starting out. Play it till 80 and see what its like, They are really fun.

great PVE and PVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

àgree with the above.

got my rogue to 60 last night, questin away in outlands.

got a /w from a group for ramps so said id go.

3 dks, me and a holy priest.

of the 3 dks, one was 66, ne was 64 and one 60.

NONE of them knew how to tank. the 66 gave it a try.

me "drop death and decay at the pull" which he didnt bother to do.

then after we wiped for the 4th time, just as im ready to leave, i notice him putting on blood aura.

"hey man, switch to frost, for the armour and stam increase"

he replies "nah, no need"

way too many dks running around without a clue how to play the class.

doesnt seem to be as many 80 ones anymore, but from the look of last night theres a fresh influx of noobs incoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

copeyhagen wrote: »

doesnt seem to be as many 80 ones anymore, but from the look of last night theres a fresh influx of noobs incoming.

alot of them get pissed off because, Raid slots are so few, And only the good players get them, The nubs cant get gear, cant raid so they reroll lol!

Anyways take it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

well DK is arena is hardly difficult.

Drop AOE 1 Button, melee something Spread Disease .

Sacrifice ghoul if ur low and put ur Green Bubble. Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Blazher wrote: »
    alot of them get pissed off because, Raid slots are so few, And only the good players get them, The nubs cant get gear, cant raid so they reroll lol!

Anyways take it easy

This is true, so much ive leveled my priest to 80 and am now gearing him up. Which is a shame as im pretty badass on my DK.

Idm though i miss my priest and i get to spacc shadow this time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

I rolled so many DK's. Get them to 61/62 and get bored of them, delete re-roll on Horde side to "see what it's like". Get seriously bored over there and create an Ally, delete and back to horde etc etc.

But rolled one a couple of days ago, having fun and spent 300g on a flying mount as an incentive to try play the damn thing. Hopefully I get this one further than the rest.

But yeah, the DK starting quests are really fun. Might explain why I keep making and deleting them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blazher wrote: »
    You cant tell jack about a class on till your 80 and start really pushing the class. be it PVP or PVE!

I don't agree, the basic PVE DK rotation is the same at the start as it is at end game, you can get a great feel for the mechanics of the class and how they'll play at 80 at earlier levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's an interesting phenomenon, but I've seen a lot of guilds recruiting recently with a 'no Death-Knights' policy.

Yeah, i had to level my priest to 80 and gear him up to raid proper..

My guild only have 1 DK really, but im kicking ass with spriest and nearly back at the top of the damage meters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I rolled my first DK last week, dinged a couple of times, but left it. Apart from the odd grin (chuggachuggachuggaWOOWOO!! on the boat) it wasn't enough to hold my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

nix wrote: »
    Yeah, i had to level my priest to 80 and gear him up to raid proper..

My guild only have 1 DK really, but im kicking ass with spriest and nearly back at the top of the damage meters :D

Must have pretty dire dire dps if a shadowpriest is near topping the dps.

SUP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

only got 2 80's 1 is a dk other is a lock, want to gear up my dk so ive been playing him alot more recently and a couple guildies needed some dps for an instance, i was on my DK at the time and asked if i could join, they said no we need at least one char with over 2k dps can u join on ur lock, had to :( no gear for my dk

fatjebus wrote: »
    Must have pretty dire dire dps if a shadowpriest is near topping the dps.

SUP!

oh im pugging when topping dmg meters :P

when i go with my guild i get rinsed :(

but i provide manar and hit! yarrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

gino85 wrote: »
    only got 2 80's 1 is a dk other is a lock, want to gear up my dk so ive been playing him alot more recently and a couple guildies needed some dps for an instance, i was on my DK at the time and asked if i could join, they said no we need at least one char with over 2k dps can u join on ur lock, had to :( no gear for my dk

eh 2k dps is nothing man, you can do that in northrend blues.

and just for an instance? oh lawd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

TechnoPool wrote: »
    eh 2k dps is nothing man, you can do that in northrend blues.

and just for an instance? oh lawd

well i dinged 80 on my dk and that was it, never got a couple of insts on him and naff all gear

Advertisement