Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding of the year in miltown

• 26-08-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

hey any one get a peak at all the celebs in miltown on friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why was miltown malbay chosen as the location of the wedding??

i taught it would have somewhere in co louth > where they're from:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

They used Miltown church as it isn't far from the Doonbeg Golf club where they were having the reception.
    Seemingly the grooms dad has invested in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Someone got married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

finbarrk wrote: »

Cheapskates :mad: - using a hotel that daddy has invested in to get a discount on your reception. :(

Maybe this recession is worse than I thought. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

what celebrities?

Did Mohammed Ali take a wrong turn??? ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

exiot wrote: »
    what celebrities?

Did Mohammed Ali take a wrong turn??? ha

kurt Hilyard and eve Paull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was working there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

They used Miltown church as it isn't far from the Doonbeg Golf club where they were having the reception.

Doonbeg is owned by an american buddy darby, also owns Kiawah island resort in the states.
    Desmond has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭gailgo

trust me there was no resession when it came to that wedding, and d desmond has a share in the golf club

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I was surprised to see that there was only a very brief mention in this week's "Clare Champion", I thought it would be splattered all over the front page! Maybe there was some kind of media blackout imposed on the local press?

• Advertisement

no the local media were there and got photos no one was blacked out from the church , but no one could get near the hotel

Jim Martin wrote: »
    I was surprised to see that there was only a very brief mention in this week's "Clare Champion", I thought it would be splattered all over the front page! Maybe there was some kind of media blackout imposed on the local press?

It looks like all the media boycotted the Golf Club probably due to the restrictions placed on them. They all gave plenty of publicity to Miltown Malbay though.

fergusman wrote: »
    Doonbeg is owned by an american buddy darby, also owns Kiawah island resort in the states.
    Desmond has nothing to do with it.
    Are you sure of that?

Are you sure of that?
    he is part owner in both of them

It looks like all the media boycotted the Golf Club probably due to the restrictions placed on them. They all gave plenty of publicity to Miltown Malbay though.
    no one in the media were allowed there ,even the staff were not allowed take photos and no camera phones were allowed

gailgo wrote: »
    trust me there was no resession when it came to that wedding, and d desmond has a share in the golf club

Desmond has NOTHING to do with Doonbeg despite what the Irish Independent may have wrote, as usual it wasnt researched very well.

he is part owner in both of them

I'll bet you 500 euro hes not!!!:p
    Kiawah island development partners which is buddy darby and another guy whose name i forget own both, end of and i'm 1000% sure. If you go to the doonbeg or kiawah website it gives more info...
    was talking to a member back there about all this only last week, he was laughing at the independent saying desmond owned it.
    He was not too happy though about getting a letter from Doonbeg telling him he would not be welcome at the resort on the day of the wedding despite being a member. No one except staff and guests were allowed onsite. Press were banned from the reception completely.
    If I had shelled out that sort of money I wouldnt be delighted either....

no one in the media were allowed there ,even the staff were not allowed take photos and no camera phones were allowed

Hardly surprising. No matter what wedding you're at you're not going to want any waiters taking pictures of the centre pieces or any of the crap. Contracts were also signed saying we wouldn't divulge any dirt about the wedding.

fergusman wrote: »
    I'll bet you 500 euro hes not!!!:p
    Kiawah island development partners which is buddy darby and another guy whose name i forget own both, end of and i'm 1000% sure. If you go to the doonbeg or kiawah website it gives more info...
    was talking to a member back there about all this only last week, he was laughing at the independent saying desmond owned it.
    He was not too happy though about getting a letter from Doonbeg telling him he would not be welcome at the resort on the day of the wedding despite being a member. No one except staff and guests were allowed onsite. Press were banned from the reception completely.
    If I had shelled out that sort of money I wouldnt be delighted either....
    And you are so sure of this , HOW. thats a lot of money to throw away.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Corr blimey she's joined the nouveau riche,the elite,the new economic overlords in our so called Republic.Let's not give such people any special status.Celebrity=tabloid status= cowtowing=pages of trite sh*** about self seeking,tax avoiding experts.Don't like the repetitive warble either!

• Advertisement

Corr blimey she's joined the nouveau riche,the elite,the new economic overlords in our so called Republic.Let's not give such people any special status.Celebrity=tabloid status= cowtowing=pages of trite sh*** about self seeking,tax avoiding experts.Don't like the repetitive warble either!

Nouveau rich? Hardly. She was already minted, and the guy is a billionaire. Hardly nouveau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Cowtowing? Don't like the sound of that at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

should be the other nouveau riche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Hey now. Let's not get all sniffy with Andrea over her wealth.

Let's get sniffy over her performance in The Boys & Girl from County Clare. It's going to take decades to repair the county's reputation after that tatty piece of celluloid.

I was surprised they felt the need to take all the precautions with regards to keeping the wedding private. They're not that famous. Still, the money involved is a drop in the ocean for that guy so I don't blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Let's get sniffy over her performance in The Boys & Girl from County Clare. It's going to take decades to repair the county's reputation after that tatty piece of celluloid.

yes, im surprised she wasn't lynched:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

The Clare Champion item was very small!

Jim Martin wrote: »
    The Clare Champion item was very small!

And The Clare People had just the one photo with the story, this, despite the fact that many of the merry throng that gathered outside the church came away with great photos of the style and the wedding party including the bride and groom and Bono in his big shoes and all! Wonder what kind of editorial decision making in both papers went into virtually ignoring the event? Most people, especially the ladies, love a wedding and would have appreciated photographic coverage, despite 'the gentry among the peasants' feel to the thing! Still, there were a good few people thankful that there weren't photos of the great flower takeaway from the church after the wedding!

Teadrinker wrote: »
    And The Clare People had just the one photo with the story, this, despite the fact that many of the merry throng that gathered outside the church came away with great photos of the style and the wedding party including the bride and groom and Bono in his big shoes and all! Wonder what kind of editorial decision making in both papers went into virtually ignoring the event? Most people, especially the ladies, love a wedding and would have appreciated photographic coverage, despite 'the gentry among the peasants' feel to the thing! Still, there were a good few people thankful that there weren't photos of the great flower takeaway from the church after the wedding!
    now i have to say , i was there and the flowers were amazing and i would think,a lot of work went into them.

now i have to say , i was there and the flowers were amazing and i would think,a lot of work went into them.

Flowers were by Mary Mulqueen of Ennis and were perfection and, can I say, very long lasting!

• Advertisement

Teadrinker wrote: »
    Flowers were by Mary Mulqueen of Ennis and were perfection and, can I say, very long lasting!
    your right mary is one of the top florists in the country,you can be sure it was done right

Advertisement