Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wtFF

• 26-08-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭

Im running IE today.

Because its loading boards pages up to 10x faster than FF will.

I guess something really is screwy with this new build. It runs fine at home dont get me wrong, but on this machine at work, it runs a dinosoaur, and I have no idea why :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Overheal wrote: »
    Im running IE today.

Because its loading boards pages up to 10x faster than FF will.

I guess something really is screwy with this new build. It runs fine at home dont get me wrong, but on this machine at work, it runs a dinosoaur, and I have no idea why :(
    Start > Run > Type "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode > Press OK.

How does it run now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

yeah i reverted to 3.1.13. The latest release (3.5 .something) was running really slowly for me. Also it didn't work with some of my addons, javascriopt debuggers and stuff. I'm waiting for the next release before i try and update it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No Joy. The way it renders pages is all fudged up now. It loads up all the posts on a thread sequentially, and its taking an assload of time. on IE though by the time I scroll to the bottom of 40 posts its already done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thought it was just my FF - runnning 3.5.2 at work and very slow to change pages.

Old Single Core? ;) im begining to see a pattern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Have noticed FF doing the same here on Vista Business. Dual Core processor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

This new version is load of sh*te. Did they even test it before releasing it?
    It's contstantly hanging and very slow.
    Might give Chrome a try.

yeah I found FF 3.0 on one of our other machines! \o/

Its running magnificently, and this machine aint great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Repeatedly crashing on paypal.com for me. :(

Advertisement