Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Module Registration details

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I need to know what time arts module registration starts at tomorrow, is it 12pm or 3pm or in the morning?If anyone knows please tell me, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

No one knows, but methinks about 0730 hr or so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Do we have to have paid in full to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

think so I did anyways

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Do we have to have paid in full to register?

You have to pay before the 6th of September

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is there any reason to get up early for this? Will places fill out that quickly?

• Advertisement

Some of the more...*cough*...nicer subjects tend to fill up fast. By nicer I of course mean, GPA pushers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeiraG

I registered early last year (I think about 9am) and got 1 of my electives but not the other because over 200 people applied so places were randomly allocated.
    I know alot of people last year who ended up doing stuff like Chinese studies and Sports Management because they didn't register early and eventually those were the only things left that could fit in with their timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

KeiraG wrote: »
    I registered early last year (I think about 9am) and got 1 of my electives but not the other because over 200 people applied so places were randomly allocated.
    I know alot of people last year who ended up doing stuff like Chinese studies and Sports Management because they didn't register early and eventually those were the only things left that could fit in with their timetable.

I'm helping my Dad with this process as he starts first year as a mature student. There appears to be a lot of confusion as to the process for allocating over subscribed electives/modules.

It seems to me that the elective choice for this initial run (until the 4th Sept) is fully randonly allocated if over subscribed. Therefore there is no benefit in doing it quickly (until the 4th - thereafter they are indeed first come first served). The exception is for so called "in programme" electives which are done on a first come first served basis from the get go. This is based on info in http://www.ucd.ie/students/incoming.html.

Which leaves the issue of module choices - does anyone have any thoughts on the likelihood or otherewise of not getting a major (20 credit) choice for Arts Omnibus (DN12) - is that possible? Has it happened before? Can anyone confirm for definite if modules (as opposed to electives) are allocated on first come or random basis?

Advertisement