Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming languages Mobile Phones

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

What programming languages do mobile phones use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Depends on the phone. Could be Java, C or Objective-C. Probably more as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Depends on the device you plan to program for, most phones these days will run java me apps though, smartphones and the likes can be different with the iPhone using objective C and others using languages for there own specific platform such as Symbian, Microsoft mobile OS, Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

J2ME, BREW, Symbian, Android, Objective C.
    Take your pick.

Most 'standard' devices will work with J2ME though (Most QVGA, Mid-res and low-res).
    BREW is mainly for verizon CDMA devices etc.
    Symbian is messy, and most of it's devices support J2ME so unless it is a resource hog of an app J2ME would suffice.

Bit more info on the type of application you are looking to code might yield more specific answers.

Advertisement