Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Tiramisu

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

150ml strong coffee or espresso, cooled to room temperature

What coffee can i use? I don't have a coffee maker. Is Maxwell House, or Nescafe ok? how many teaspoons would i need to make 150ml and to make it strong, or is there another way to make strong coffee? Better quality. I mistakenly bought espresso coffee beans at the weekend, so they were no use to me.

Vanilla essence i have, but recipe says Vanilla Extract, can this be obtained easily?

Cheers for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

I would use 4-5 teaspoons of instant coffee dissolved in about 1/2 mug of water.

Vanilla essence can be used if you do not have extract as you need only a tiny amount of that. The general rule with vanilla is that it's better to use too little that too much :) Just suit your taste. Vanilla can be easily omitted if you do not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Thanks a million, DreamC, appreciate it mate.

Advertisement