Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem on wmp11 playing dvds, pls help?

• 26-08-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have tried to play a few dvds in wpm11 and some (I think) play the intro/start up sound, most don't play any sound at all ( I've just tried a few now). I have been able to play most dvds using VLC but not all dvds eg "Burn after Reading" wouldn't play properly using VLC for some reason. Anyway I would like the problem with wmp11 solved.

I hope my question is clear, its probably some tick box somewhere or a driver but I don't really know where to start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

(running XP Pro)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I tend to avoid WMP whenever possible, but if there's a problem it's worth fixing. Check your sound options - go to Tools > Options > DVD > Advanced and check what the settings are; see if enabling/disabling SPDIF output changes the problem or if changing the remix setting makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi Fysh, I went into properties and selected SPDIF or 2 Speakers Dolby surround, Enable Dolby EX or any variation etc but my apply button never lights up. Also if I click ok, shut down and restart wmp11 the changes I've made obviously never apply. It is always on 6 speakers when I go into it.

Mp3 files play sound fine in wmp11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

sedohre wrote: »
    Hi Fysh, I went into properties and selected SPDIF or 2 Speakers Dolby surround, Enable Dolby EX or any variation etc but my apply button never lights up. Also if I click ok, shut down and restart wmp11 the changes I've made obviously never apply. It is always on 6 speakers when I go into it.

Mp3 files play sound fine in wmp11.

I had this problem awhile back. Did some research and turned on some player I installed changed audio settings and codecs etc and nothing would play right.

What I did was uninstalled all codecs, players etc. Then installed just K-Lite Codec Pack and Gom player ..

Now everything works fine / even WM11 .. but I never use it as Gom serves me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi Nico22, I googled for a Codec Pack and downloaded "Gordian Knot Codec Pack 1.9" installed it and it has solved my problem! Thanks very much, much appreciated. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

sedohre wrote: »
    Hi Nico22, I googled for a Codec Pack and downloaded "Gordian Knot Codec Pack 1.9" installed it and it has solved my problem! Thanks very much, much appreciated. :D:D

Glad to hear it :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement