Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast with Bernard & Keith 105-107

• 26-08-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Does anyone else listen to this show? It beats the pants off every other breakfast show at the moment I think, has me laughinag all the way to work every day. They get away with a lot more than most stations though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The day I listen to a show called "Breakfast with Bernard & Keith" is the day I ring Staffords and order a wooden suit honey;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭theonlygirl

The name might reek but the show rocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

Does anyone else listen to this show? It beats the pants off every other breakfast show at the moment I think, has me laughinag all the way to work every day. They get away with a lot more than most stations though

They get away with a lot alright ( I hope it continues). It was funny this morning. Also during the day a show with Chris I think is not too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

they get away with it because nobody is listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I really like it too, along with iWork and the one later in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Can I pimp my show here too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

There's even a special thread for you

right here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

efb wrote: »
    Can I pimp my show here too...

Only if it has an "i" in front of the name...

It's not my show, I actually work in TV, but I just think it's a cracking show. I've been commuting for 4 years an hour every morning and i'm sick being bored to tears by most other morning shows. I love the way if anyone says anything positive about ANYTHING in these forums they're automatically suspected of this, it's so fricking annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paul Flynn

Buzzbomb - clearly people are listening to it, hence the positive comments above... great to hear something different on the radio, used to listen to the other i when I lived in sligo, loved the thief - Have to agree with theonlygirl about positive comments - I really enjoy the lads show on my travels to Meath!

• Advertisement

Paul Flynn wrote: »
    Buzzbomb - clearly people are listening to it, hence the positive comments above... great to hear something different on the radio, used to listen to the other i when I lived in sligo, loved the thief - Have to agree with theonlygirl about positive comments - I really enjoy the lads show on my travels to Meath!

You and her must be sharing a car. In the most recent JNLRs iRadio scored an astonishing 1% listened yesterday figure - the worst published figures for any radio station in Ireland. They had a market share of 0.5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paul Flynn

Thats a pity, now i'm no expert on this but isn't this a new radio station? How many years are all the other stations on the radio for? Surely they would have more people listening because they have a head start of 5 or 6 years? It would be difficult for a new radio station to get going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

The reason why the JNLR was low was because they are only on the air since November!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JennyMaguire

buzzbomb wrote: »
    You and her must be sharing a car. In the most recent JNLRs iRadio scored an astonishing 1% listened yesterday figure - the worst published figures for any radio station in Ireland. They had a market share of 0.5%.

Just so you know, i102104 is the fastest growing radio station in Ireland and the most listened to regional radio station outside Dublin. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Just so you know, i102104 is the fastest growing radio station in Ireland and the most listened to regional radio station outside Dublin. FACT.
    May be a fact but isn't this about i105-107? ( which, for the record, IMO, is just about the worst station I've ever heard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 George Shaw

I think the i102-104 quote is very valid - they got slated in the early days and look at them now - i105 is too new to make any judgements - how long did it take Spin 1038 to get to where it is???

Now me thinks Fuzzy and Buzzbomb's take on i105107 is a little bit more personal

“Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”

George Bernard Shaw

1 listeners to 2 is 100% increase 'fastest growing' is a pathetic marketing phrase.

I mostly listen to Today FM but Morning Ireland is getting more of my attention of late.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    May be a fact but isn't this about i105-107? ( which, for the record, IMO, is just about the worst station I've ever heard).

The person I was replying to referred to iRadio rating being so low, so I just wanted to clear that up for him.

Anyways, still think i105107 is very good. The shows I would usually listen to throughout the day are:
    From whenever I get up to 9:30-Breakfast with Bernard and Keith
    9:30-12:00-iWork with Mark Cunning(somethings flicking over to D'Arcy)
    12:00-14:30-Ray Foley
    14:30-16:00- The third i with Chris Greene
    16:00-18:30-iGo Home with Fergal and Peter

6.15 (used be AM Kelly now iPhone or MI)
    7-9 Iano or MI
    5-7 The last Word

Now me thinks Fuzzy and Buzzbomb's take on i105107 is a little bit more personal

You think too much then.:rolleyes:

I don't have any personal interest in i at all. My opinion is based on 2 or 3 "brief" listens to the station since its inception. "Brief" because I soon realised the cumulative IQ of the 3 presenters I heard wouldn't run to double figures.
    Ok, I understand that I'm not in i's target age group, but if I were, I would be insulted by what I've heard.
    Anyhoo, I have the option not to listen and, like most, don't.

Lets see what the figures are like in another 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I like Bernard and Keith too. Unfortunately though my phone's radio only picks them up for a short while and once I get a certain distance from Mullingar I can't pick it up properly.

Which iradio is Chris Greene on? Is he the guy that used to do italk on i102-104? I used to like this show when he presented it, wasn't as good when Mary took over so I stopped listening. Thought she was trying too hard to be like Chris.

I think igo home with Fergal is quite funny, unfortunately I only get to hear the best of at weekends but if I'm off work I'll listen to it.

The person I was replying to referred to iRadio rating being so low, so I just wanted to clear that up for him.

Anyways, still think i105107 is very good. The shows I would usually listen to throughout the day are:
    From whenever I get up to 9:30-Breakfast with Bernard and Keith
    9:30-12:00-iWork with Mark Cunning(somethings flicking over to D'Arcy)
    12:00-14:30-Ray Foley
    14:30-16:00- The third i with Chris Greene
    16:00-18:30-iGo Home with Fergal and Peter

Agreed, 102-104s figures are good. However 105-107 at .5% is disastorious. Apart from overspill, they have no competition execept maybe 2FM. They should be creaming it! You may like Chris Greene (no surprise there ;)) but not enough people do, and listening to the show. it's no wonder. It is simply BAD radio, done badly. Amaturish ****e.

Compare the figures with 4FM (also a newbie) who have double the listener share than 105-107. 4 have a much harder market to crack. Attempting to lure listeners from Local radio and Radio 1, 2 FM and Today FM.

Radio is a business. The idea is to attract listeners and hold on to them. i105-107 have failed on the second point. You can't put spin on an appalling JNLR.

Well Fuzzy you've just proved you have no idea what you are talking about.... No competition? They are bang in the middle of the most competitive market in the country.... Sit in Kildare and Meath and have a flick through the radio...

On to my 2nd point.... you say "Ok, I understand that I'm not in i's target age group, but if I were, I would be insulted by what I've heard" If your not in the target group maybe you just don't get it??

and finally for somebody who hates the station so much you seem to know alot about it.... listen alot do we????? Which brings me back to my earlier post.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing" George Bernard Shaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chocolate lover

Fuzzy, whatever your personal gripe withiRadio is, i think you should take it up with them. Maybe you work for a competitor, maybe you lost out on a licence application, maybe you didnt get a job there.. but anyone who works in radio and has a brain knows that a first supplementary book for a brand new station doesnt mean a whole bunch. look at i102104 and how they've risen in a year - i feel 105107 will do something similar. It is known that they are in one of the toughest markets in the country - Dublin stations hitting Louth, Kildare and Meath. Northers & BBC from the north. Beat in Laois. Not an easy job for a new station.... just so ya know, like.

Fuzzy, whatever your personal gripe withiRadio is, i think you should take it up with them. Maybe you work for a competitor, maybe you lost out on a licence application, maybe you didnt get a job there.. but anyone who works in radio and has a brain knows that a first supplementary book for a brand new station doesnt mean a whole bunch. look at i102104 and how they've risen in a year - i feel 105107 will do something similar. It is known that they are in one of the toughest markets in the country - Dublin stations hitting Louth, Kildare and Meath. Northers & BBC from the north. Beat in Laois. Not an easy job for a new station.... just so ya know, like.

Did you register just to tell me that , like:rolleyes:

If we keep this up, in a few more posts, we'll have the entire 105-107 listenership on boards. Although in truth, I think it'll be the entire 105-107 staff on board.

Well Fuzzy you've just proved you have no idea what you are talking about.... No competition? They are bang in the middle of the most competitive market in the country.... Sit in Kildare and Meath and have a flick through the radio...

Not in their target audience.

On to my 2nd point.... you say "Ok, I understand that I'm not in i's target age group, but if I were, I would be insulted by what I've heard" If your not in the target group maybe you just don't get it??
    Agreed. And seemingly not a lot in the target group do either.

Did you register just to tell me that , like:rolleyes:

yup

cos your talkin ****e

and finally for somebody who hates the station so much you seem to know alot about it.... listen alot do we????? Which brings me back to my earlier post.

What gives you the impression I know a lot about it?
    If you read what I have actually written instead of presuming that I have a hidden agenda, you will see that I have only listened briefly.
    Most of what I have heard would not appeal to me, even if I was 10 or 20 years younger. 20 minutes of 3 guys in studio talking about nothing is not the kind of radio that makes you want to tune in again.
    Badly done radio is badly done radio.

• Advertisement

yup

cos your talkin ****e

So I'm qualified for a job on i radio?

So I'm qualified for a job on i radio?

lol... sure you probably already tried..

Ah fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy....

Well look considering you have problems in past posts with Darcy, Colm Hayes, Russell Brand, Ray Foley, Noel Edmonds, Mooney etc... I wouldn't say you can honesty tell the difference between good radio and bad...so I think that says it all.

I stand by my original post Fuzz......

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. George Bernard Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Thats because its the newest...its started off with Zero listernship and sure it has to grow unless its total tripe which it is not...and because it is new it has the greatest rate and chance of growth

I wish I hadn't bothered starting this thread! It was merely supposed to encourage discussion on people's breakfast radio preferences, not descend into stupid slanging matches.

Ah fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy....

Well look considering you have problems in past posts with Darcy, Colm Hayes, Russell Brand, Ray Foley, Noel Edmonds, Mooney etc... I wouldn't say you can honesty tell the difference between good radio and bad...so I think that says it all.

I stand by my original post Fuzz......

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. George Bernard Shaw

Sorry, I fail to see the relevence:confused:

However, I am truely honoured that you have taken the time to trawl back through my posting history in order to make some "point".

BTW, The "problems" I have with the names listed are usually specific issues. e.g the way Mooney speaks. This only goes to show that I do have an interest and knowedge of good radio.

• Advertisement

That's what "points" are all about Fuzz- making an educated post based on fact not a sweeping generalisation.

And now that I've done my research I've joined the dots and the picture is now very clear..

I agree with theonlygirl - Fuzzy lets be friends... I need my router fixed

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. George Bernard Shaw

+1 :)

Fuzzy Clam, George the Gnome is going to kill yaaaa

:eek: I look forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

I love i105-107,
    The breakfast show aint to everybody's taste but that dosen't make it any worse than more popular blander shows!!

• Advertisement

I love i105-107,
    The breakfast show aint to everybody's taste but that dosen't make it any worse than more popular blander shows!!

Yes it dows make it worse than 'more popular blander shows'. The sole purpose of i105 and any commercial radio station is to make as much money as possible for its shareholders.

Its not there to be innovative, groundbreaking or give 'de yout' a voice. Its there purely to make money and I doubt whether its doing that at the moment.

Do you really think that UTV, Denis O Brien or Dan Healy give two ****s about how cutting edge their breakfast shows are? They don't. They want to make money. As much and as quickly as possible.

Not that theres anything wrong with that incidentally.

Advertisement