Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance on a sim free phone?

• 26-08-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Been reading through various posts and done some searching through the forum for insurance related posts but haven't really gotten an answer, hope someone might be able to help.

Basically buying a HTC Touch Pro2 from www.expansys.ie... finally gave in to temptation! Anyway, normally I wouldn't be bothered with phone insurance, but this phone is 600 quid or so, and would like some peace of mind on it.

So the big question is, can I insure it (outside of house insurance)? and who should I insure it with if it is possible?

Right now I'm with O2 pay as you go, but because O2 don't use or supply any HTC phones I don't think I'll be able to cover it directly with them (waiting for them to reply to me on it but I'm expecting a no). I looked at the www.phonecover.ie website who I think does O2's insurance but they don't list any HTC phones. so don't think I can go with them.

What does everyone else do if they buy say an iphone or other pricy phone from another source? Does everyone just put it on house insurance? Anyone have any experience with problems that might be associated with doing that? I'd rather not go home insurance route if possible (...don't want the other half knowing how much I blew on it ;) )

Sorry post is a bit long, but any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Skitz

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I had come accross them and was thinking of getting in touch to see if they would insure even if I didn't buy from them. I saw someone else mention them in a thread a long while back but no one seemed to have any experience with them. If anyone else has used them it'd be great to get some feedback on it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are just selling on the product, the insurer is http://www.fonesure.com/

Advertisement