Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is EIRCOM down again???

Options
  • 26-08-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Sorry not sure if this is the right spot for this but I can't access my mail and can't log on to eircom.net either.

Has it gone belly up yet again? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Eircom vans are out and about in Letterkenny all day,poking around holes,but the net is working grand here:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

your onto somthing.....

http://isitup.org/www.eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Weird, my brother literally just came down as this page was loading saying his internet had gone down.

Oddly, mine is still working fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

how common are eircoms breakdowns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Weird, my brother literally just came down as this page was loading saying his internet had gone down.

Oddly, mine is still working fine.

op said www.eircom.net is down so she can't check her mail

her internet is fine, thats how she posted her message :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    how common are eircoms breakdowns?

Depends where you are. I know of a lot of complaints.

Anyway, looks like the OP is right.
    From the link above...
    2zivgis.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

mukki wrote: »
    op said www.eircom.net is down so she can't check her mail

her internet is fine, thats how she posted her message :D
    Unless she has some fantastic talent or knack for accessing the internet without eircom. ;)

Just thought it was funny, how the eircom site goes down, along with my brother's internet at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

My mail is back again must have been a blip!

It's very irritating especially if expecting an e-mail:(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I'm struggling with Eircom this evening too. Seems very similar to last so called DOS glitch a few weeks ago. I'm based in Dún Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

none wrote: »
    I'm struggling with Eircom this evening too. Seems very similar to last so called DOS glitch a few weeks ago. I'm based in Dún Laoghaire.

Change over to open dns servers..
    Iv been having problems tonight too but its fine now(reset my router recently and my settings went back to eircoms dns servers)

Primary Dns server 208.67.222.222
    Secondary Dns server 208.67.220.220

Go to 192.168.1.254 in your address bar, hit enter expert mode then hit configure connection and fill these bad boys into the fields, then at the bottom hit restart router and your up and running

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Happening with eircom here in Greystones area. Working ok once an address is resolved but very hit and miss for most sites...Thought they would have had their DNS fixed after the last debacle...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Same problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I just switched to opendns and my eircom - which was slow tonight - is flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

nuxxx wrote: »
    Iv been having problems tonight too but its fine now(reset my router recently and my settings went back to eircoms dns servers)

Go to 192.168.1.254 in your address bar, hit enter expert mode then hit configure connection and fill these bad boys into the fields, then at the bottom hit restart router and your up and running

Cheers for that, it saved me searching boards for the opendns servers. Had the same problem in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

My internet went down too tonight (DNS errors).

But iv changed and all is well and good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭A country home

wicked bad here in mayo right now, between hanging, and timing out on web pages.. . . and i pay €45 a month for this. . .all for my .8MB line. :rolleyes: why do i bother. . . . . its happening way too often and no credit on the monthly bill. . . . :pac:

might look at those mobile things, , ,working ok around here from what i hear. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Yep was struggling allnight with this problem, changed the settings and all is fine now,cheers nuxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

yep, looks like eircom DNS is generally going titsup again..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Yes, I know that changing DNS should help. But I use VPN, it's quicker ;)

wicked bad here in mayo right now, between hanging, and timing out on web pages.. . . and i pay €45 a month for this. . .all for my .8MB line. :rolleyes: why do i bother. . . . . its happening way too often and no credit on the monthly bill. . . . :pac:

might look at those mobile things, , ,working ok around here from what i hear. . .

More than likely its just DNS issues, not a direct line/connection problem , Mobile internet will be 10 times worse, just changeover to Open Dns and your problems will dissapear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

just to add to the consensus - yeah, there seem to be DNS issues again and switching to OpenDNS seems to be the way to go

bloody magic. . .just works a treat. .

where u get these servers from?

More than likely its just DNS issues, not a direct line/connection problem , Mobile internet will be 10 times worse, just changeover to Open Dns and your problems will dissapear

care to enlighten me?

whats Open DNS and how do i do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Enter magic numbers=Internet works again.

Do we really care?

Thanks nuxxx!

care to enlighten me?

whats Open DNS and how do i do it?

There open source ( available to everyone and free ) , judging from your previous post it looks like you changed over to them so enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cxema

magic. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Down in limerick as well.
    Thank christ I left my opendns settings on my xbox as I couldn't remember them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Had the same this evening, so switched to OpenDNS. All good since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

u know.. changing them DNS is on ur PC fine n all, but when yer in the middle of a game online on the console? its make or break.

sick of these issues, didn't expect em back so soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement