Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is EIRCOM down again???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Eircom vans are out and about in Letterkenny all day,poking around holes,but the net is working grand here:confused:

Speak for yourself its been crap all day in inishowen, boards is the only site that just about works at the minute, msn works but loading webpages is impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Using OpenDNS now, everthing running smoothly. Thanks for those!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

Down for me also. One more time and I'm switching to UPC...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

stesh wrote: »
    Down for me also. One more time and I'm switching to UPC...

Thinking the same myself!mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mine is bollixed too!

Its fecking terrible - i changed to open dns, then on a site i was able to access before i changed it - every link that i click on comes up with the 500 - Internal server error

Boards is working for me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I've changed to open dns, since then i've sent and recieved email and even opened the eircom site.

nope neither is working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

Failcom is not workin here

noob question
    will XBOX Live work with openDNS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Switch to OpenDNS people! Only way to get around this until Eircom has it sorted once and for all...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I've just been in the parents' place, and from there I couldn't even ping internet IPs without dropping most of the packets. It seems that at least in the north Wicklow area, there's more to it tonight than a DNS issue...

• Advertisement

Switch to OpenDNS people! Only way to get around this until Eircom has it sorted once and for all...

Its not working for me Stef!

Only boards working from eircoms DNS and also a part of munsterfans.com

I've just been in the parents' place, and from there I couldn't even ping internet IPs without dropping most of the packets. It seems that at least in the north Wicklow area, there's more to it tonight than a DNS issue...

But i can ping sites no problem - tis strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Failcom is not workin here

noob question
    will XBOX Live work with openDNS
    should do, i use ps3 through opendns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 in3vRxi

crazy problems with my internets over here as well... gona have find out what this "open dns" thing is all about, sound better than this rubish... does it work well?? it wont srew up my computer/internet will it?

I went back to original settings as i wasnt getting anywhere with opendns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

how do ya switch to openDNS?cant even check my hotmail:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

they said on the 10.30 news that Eircom was down for a few hours today due to a power outage! not sure i believe that but thats what was said...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

marko91 wrote: »
    how do ya switch to openDNS?cant even check my hotmail:mad:

Depends on your modem. Log into it anyway, http://192.168.1.254 go advanced, look for something to set up WAN connection, and change DNS servers.

Open DNS servers are
    roarlad wrote: »
    they said on the 10.30 news that Eircom was down for a few hours today due to a power outage! not sure i believe that but thats what was said...:rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me if eircom have attracted the wrath of "The Internet", over their TPB block. Stands to reason that certain Pirates wouldn't take to kindly to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Guys,

Ive changed it to open DNS,and everything works fine,but is this only a temp fix to the problem or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I see there atr now 4 threads on this issue.

The latest thread, for the 3rd of September outage, is here. We'll stick to that one for now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement