Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viewing Japanese Websites

• 26-08-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Hi All

when I use IE or Firefox on the like of www.google.jp I can only see (where japanese symbols should be) squares with 4 numbers in them

as opposed to japanese symbols.

I'm using windows 2000
    is there a pack/add on I can use to view the Japanese symbols?

A link would be helpful

regards
    G.

Comments

If you have a copy of Office 2000 or higher you could install the Japanese font or Universal font (under Office Tools > International Support) which will display Japanese characters. I'm sure there's a better way but that's how I do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

I think Opera includes them by default, try it.

Otherwise you can install Asian language support for Windows (see the language toolbar and install it).

oMega_2093 wrote: »
    Otherwise you can install Asian language support for Windows (see the language toolbar and install it).
    I didn't think Windows 2000 had this feature but you're dead right, just tried it now. It's in Control Panel > Regional Options, on the General tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Karsini wrote: »
    I didn't think Windows 2000 had this feature but you're dead right, just tried it now. It's in Control Panel > Regional Options, on the General tab.

Awesome

thanks Guys!

Advertisement