Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low Disk Space!!

• 26-08-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

I could not find a similar topic. Sorry if in wrong forum.

So heres my story every now and again a pop up appears in the bottom right hand corner saying that i have low disk space. When i click this pop up it takes me to a screen where i delete unwanted items.

After this it asks me would i like to delete more items frm "add or remove programs" so i do to get more space. I end up deleting maybe 5 or more unwanted programs and yet i still get this pop up saying low disk space every couple of minutes.

Can anyone help me with getting rid of space and this pop up...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You'll need to remove something more substantial than programs, like movie files, music and other large files. It would be good to move seldomly-used files to an external drive (or a few) or even upload them to an online storage facility. Programs, in comparison, use little space.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

download and run CCleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I have many songs on itunes will deleting say 150 songs give enough space. I dont have an external hardrive at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

what size is your hard drive?

these days with the enormous size of HDD that message is not seen very often

john47832 wrote: »
    what size is your hard drive?

these days with the enormous size of HDD that message is not seen very often

Unless there is a way of checking i couldnt tell ya i think it was the very basic at the time we got it in 2005. But we had a guy in clearing out viruses last year and he said to get a bigger hard disk and he installed it for us. But other than that i cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

open my computer. Right click c drive ... properties... and it should be under capacity. Look for the very very long number and tell us the first 3 digits.
    Don't run c cleaner that's a reg cleanup and won't save you much space.
    repeat the right click and properties and check the file space for the following
    program files in the c drive
    documents and settings in the c drive

13.6 GB capacity could be wrong.

untitled.jpg

holy... do you have more then one hard drive? Get a new hard drive or probably even better a new pc at this stage... i'm surprised you survived this far.

The only thing i can think of is that when someone built your computer they partitioned it into two drives... One is for windows and the other for programs games etc... Check if c drive is the only hard drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not a very big disk so it would be worth running CCleaner but not the registry stuff.

Download, install, choose Cleaner on the right hand side, Analyze and Run Cleaner

Oh believe me i would love a new computer but im not the man with the money.

Im trying to save up for a laptop.

Cheers for the advice...

• Advertisement

how old is it... Did you get the hard drive replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

go to maplin or argos and buy yourself an external harddrive.

wolfric wrote: »
    how old is it... Did you get the hard drive replaced?

I got it before my junior cert which was in 2005.

Way too old that i barely use it at this stage.
    Im not sure what he did with the hard drive but he supposedly boosted the space.

Advertisement