Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratoath

Options
  • 26-08-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,
    I was hoping someone could inform me about facilities/clubs in ratoath?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

As for football and GAA, Ratoath is great, you have the Codliss mostly for soccer, the pitch and putt club next to that and behind the p&p club is the astro turf and the football training ground, then you have Sean Eife park which is the main GAA club wilt a large clubhouse and chamionship size pitch.
    In the village you have the school of music, a well run community and arts centre which attracts some great shows and gigs, the pup life is livley with The Ratoath inn, the auld stand and Ryans.
    There are two nice restraunts beside the BOI, The mix and La bucca.
    Not alot for teens tho. too mant hairdressers and chemists for a small village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lucy211

thanks for the information, is there a park, library or gym?

No gym or library, the closest being Ashbourne or Dunshaughlin, as for parks, not really, thers a nice childrens playground in Steeplechase and paths over the green areas which are layed out well, alot of people go to Fairyhouse race course to walk jog or cycle around the track as its a tar path all the way round. They also have the sunday market there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ashbourne is a short drive and has far better facilities. Although Ryans do a great steak. Well, they used to anyway

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Ashbourne is a short drive and has far better facilities. Although Ryans do a great steak. Well, they used to anyway

no offence mate but Ashbourne is a dive, it would take alot more than good facilities to drag me there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

no offence mate but Ashbourne is a dive, it would take alot more than good facilities to drag me there.

It's not that bad is it. Better than Ratoath for shopping that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 coletm

Does anyone know the music school above shops in rathoath that does singing/piano lessons etc - having a hard time finding it on the web !

Thanks

C

coletm wrote: »
    Does anyone know the music school above shops in rathoath that does singing/piano lessons etc - having a hard time finding it on the web !

Thanks

C

Ratoath school of music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Why? It has Tescos, Dunnes, Lidl, Aldi and Supervalue, two Italians, one very very good Chinese (Eat Zen), umteen chippers, McD's, a big library, retail park, omniplex etc.

It's like Blanchardstown, but without the young wans in pyjamas.

Why? It has Tescos, Dunnes, Lidl, Aldi and Supervalue, two Italians, one very very good Chinese (Eat Zen), umteen chippers, McD's, a big library, retail park, omniplex etc.

It's like Blanchardstown, but without the young wans in pyjamas.

You are right about the top part but not the bottom, may as well be in blanch, sure its just an outpost of Finglas:D

• Advertisement

Well, the OP asked a question. I was giving an honest answer that you mightn't like! But if you want to keep away from the bad people of finglas (isn't ratoath the same distance away from finglas as ashbourne?) and ashbourne (doesn't ratoath have the same type of commuter town population as ashbourne?), and have 1 shop (no supermarket!) for 8,000 people, then ratoath is your place!
    But trust me, you'll be driving to ashbourne quite a bit.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Well, the OP asked a question. I was giving an honest answer that you mightn't like! But if you want to keep away from the bad people of finglas (isn't ratoath the same distance away from finglas as ashbourne?) and ashbourne (doesn't ratoath have the same type of commuter town population as ashbourne?), and have 1 shop (no supermarket!) for 8,000 people, then ratoath is your place!
    But trust me, you'll be driving to ashbourne quite a bit.

Listen, if you want to take it personaly which isnt the way i ment it thats up to you but were getting away from the topic here, this thread is about Ratoath so start a new one about Ashbourne if you like and as for the comment above, visit the town and you will sonn realise what a crock you are typing.

Listen, if you want to take it personaly which isnt the way i ment it thats up to you but were getting away from the topic here, this thread is about Ratoath so start a new one about Ashbourne if you like and as for the comment above, visit the town and you will sonn realise what a crock you are typing.
    Visit it? I lived there! Ratoath is the stereotypical badly designed town by greedy property developers. Lots of housing estates with hardly anything else. If you lived there all your live you might be ok with that, but for people coming from better designes towns or a city won't be used to a place like Ratoath with very little amenities. You WILL be leaving it alot to go to other places (like ashbourne, dunshauglin, blanchardstown) regularly to buy/do stuff.
    But ashbourne being a dump, an outpost of finglas, such a dive you can't visit it to shop! Now that's just feeding the OP with bad information. I know what both are like, having lived in both, so I don't need to start a thread about it. Ashbourne is a far better place to live than Ratoath, it's like a city compared with ratoath!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

To answer the OPs question. Yes there is a gym in Ratoath. My gf is a member of it. I don't know the name of it though but it's located above where the book shop is. Which is on the same side of the village as Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 coletm

Thanks for the info on School of Music and the phone number too - your a star

Colet
    Kidoodle.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Does anyone know how to contact the Ratoath pitch and putt club....or if they have a website..

Advertisement