Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to all junior infant parents

Options
  • 26-08-2009 5:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hope all goes well for you and your smallies as they start school. Try not to cry in front of them, they'll be grand!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

went fine , my little guy started today he was cool , wife was excited and nervous, I did get some "flutters" in my tummy during the drop off. One of those nice little milestones in life.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The children are normally the ones that are fine, it's often the mammies who are in bits once they leave the classroom.

Most children are so used to going to playschool/montessori/daycare that it's no big deal to them.

I found it far more worrying when my older lad started secondary last year. Visions of first year beatings etc were to the forefront of my mind, it didn't help when I collected him on the induction morning and the first thing he said was that he wasn't going to use the school toilets because that's where they sell drugs. Fortunately he's thriving in it and there hasn't been any incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my daughter is starting tuesday. i'm a nervous wreck, but i know not to cry infront of her, thats what the car is for!! welled up looking at her in her uniform today, time goes too fast, i'd happily rewind back a year!! gonna miss her so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

for one deffo wont be cryin , ill be poppin open a bottle a champers at 9.30am along wit 3 neighbours and were all countin the days they finally go to school and we can have a bitta peace and quiet for a few hrs :D oohh roll on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

My eldest starts on tuesday, I'm looking forward to it, I have no idea if I'll cry or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

changed my mind i will cry (just for a sec) ha i just tried his uniform on aawww so so cute but i still cant wait for some ME time and hopefully his teacher will put some well needed disiplin on him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Disapline needs to start at home tbh and you need to back the teacher up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

sniff.... he was happy as Larry but I'm sitting here watching the clock til I can go and get him. What a very loooonnngg morning this is...

You'll be grand honest, hopefully he will bounce home happy to tell you all about his day,
    mine aren't back until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

that said the house is lovely and quiet :D
    Good luck with yours tomorrow Thaedydal. My eldest was actually more nervous about going back than the youngest was about starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Youngest started this morning and no tears thank God. Hopefully it keeps up. Eldest was grand for a few weeks then decided he didn't like it....was a bit of an ordeal for a while but thankfully he is in 2nd class now and he loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

My son started last Thursday, not a bother on him. Thank god. Though he is used to it as he was in preschool last year. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

day 1 is often fine, with all the hype etc, sometimes when children cop that they will be going everyday they can put out the anchors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

My lil one started this morning looked all grown up in her uniform was delighted to know that everyone else will be dressed the same!

Got a bit of a shock when I went into the school I thought they would be well organised but rubbish piled up inside the door all of last years stuff on the wall, tables and chairs all over the place. Feel sorry for the teacher first day back having to organise the classroom and the kids. Only 6 starting today and 12 tomorow then a full class come Friday! Thought this was a great idea!

I held back the tears until I got out of classroom was unable to hold it in after that was really emotional for me knowing that my lil girl is all grown up, over emotional anyway as due a baby next week!

Hope she comes out today happy as larry she gave us a big hug and a kiss and waved us off... well able to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

foxy06 wrote: »
    Youngest started this morning and no tears thank God. Hopefully it keeps up. Eldest was grand for a few weeks then decided he didn't like it....was a bit of an ordeal for a while but thankfully he is in 2nd class now and he loves it.

Youngest was fine again this morning but few tears from my eldest in 2nd class! Couldn't believe it. He was ok once he went in the door but my heart broke:(

Mine have just gone into 4th and 6th class and didn't want me to talk them to thier first day at school :( I am going tomorrow to make a point of meeting the new teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

My little girl started today, she was fine and I was fine, so no tears, hopefully it will continue, she was as good going into playschool as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lolo26

My daughter started today and went off no bother. She just took her seat and started doing a puzzle that was laid out for each of them whilst mayhem went on around her! :) I didnt cry but was beaming with pride! Only 6 started, 3 boys and 3 girls. Nice wee class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

well my little angel started yesterday, she was ok, it was very loud with all the parents in the classroom and she said she wished they were all quiet. when it was time i said i had to go now, she just nodded. she looked so sad. i made it back to the car, and had a meltdown. it was so scarring to leave her when she looked scared and sad, so i pretty much spent the morning wailing like a banshee (god i'm still emotional thinking about leaving her!) so, i was of course the first mammy back down to the school. the teacher opened the door and i swear to god the whole class were smiling and laughing, it was like they had been fed drugs while we were gone!! my girl came bounding out handed me the bag and told me everything she had done! she said she loves it!!

i'm so proud of her, she's the best little girl in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

changed my mind i will cry (just for a sec) ha i just tried his uniform on aawww so so cute but i still cant wait for some ME time and hopefully his teacher will put some well needed disiplin on him :D

Hi swordsgal27, thought your post was very funny and tongue in cheek about the teacher putting some well needed discipline on him.;) Did you get to enjoy the morning with him off to school???
    I have 4 of my own ranging in ages from 7 to 15 and was delighted to see them head to school....Not only was it good for me but they all loved their first few weeks in school,, can't say they are all that mad about it now with a lot more homework having to be done:D especially the two in Secondary school

• Advertisement
Advertisement