Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burns dog food

Options
  • 26-08-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,does anyone know of any where you can buy burns dog food besides in a vets,its good but a bit on the expensive side 60euro for a 15kg bag:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Where are you based? Have you tried all your local petstores?
    I know some places up north that do deals on pet food, like 3for2, I'm not 100% on it being Burns but some people might come in later and let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

I don't know where your based but jolleyes in enniskillen do it, not sure how much it is in there but everything is very reasonably priced, I get james wellbeloved there, can't think off the top of my head how much it is but its quite cheap. Also pets at home in derry do it, they are quite cheap also. From what I remember maxizoo in longford do it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mlettis

ive beeen feeding my dalmatian burns food for over a year now it is very expensive but he doesnt seem to do well on any other food. would love to find it cheaper elsewhere as i to have to buy it from vets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

€60.00 is criminal!

I pay €54.00 at the moment for the 15kg bag, I still think it's over priced though lets face it there's a lot of rice in it and the rice is cheap (on the potatoe and pork atm still same price as chicken and rice) but it's the food that works for the dog with the sensative tum.
    I switched the puppy from Royal Canin puppy food to Burns puppy food and it was €7.00 cheaper than the Royal Canin.

I wonder how much is a 15kg of Burns in the north does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

Its not that expensive in my local vet in walkinstown- however my littlie doggie seems to have gone off it?

What else is good for their tummys?

• Advertisement

Mialin wrote: »
    Its not that expensive in my local vet in walkinstown- however my littlie doggie seems to have gone off it?

James wellbeloved is also a good brand of food, usually around the same price as burns, some people also find royal canin good but it can be a little pricey. Red mills is also ok, good bit cheaper too. I think it depends on the dog in question, some dogs do better on different foods, there all unique! :D Signs of a good food include good healthy looking coat, no flatulance, no bad breath, small solid stools, good level of energy but not too hyper.

This website is worth a look at: http://www.best-dog-food-guide.com/index.html
    www.dogfoodanalysis.com is also a good website but for some reason doesn't seem to be working for me tonight.:confused:

As regards the price of burns up the north, I can't remember the exact price of it, but I remember thinking that the 2kg bag of burns was in and around the same price as a 2kg bag of james wellbeloved, which was £7.89 sterling I think. This was in jollyes in enniskillen, which I highly recommend, has every type of dog and cat food imaginable both wet and dry.:D

Edited to say: Just found the reciept for jollyes and pets at home, james wellbeloved 2kg t&r was £7.39 in both shops, burns is around the same price if thats any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 carmelod

which vet in walkingstown can you buy Burns?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I think it's just a case of trial and error. We had our dog on a couple of brands, and she's now going well on James Wellbeloved lamb & rice. Whackers store beside Aldi on the Long Mile road have a good selection. I think it's about €55 for 15kg bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

carmelod wrote: »

I think the one just off the Walkinstown roundabout have Burns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Anyone know anywhere online it can be bought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 mlettis

carmelod wrote: »
    Allcare Veterinary care centre beside Kestrel Pub sell it . Its about € 55/58 for 15kg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mailin dogs can be fussy after a while if fed on the same food, if you haven't already just try changing the flavour. My parents keep changing their dogs food each time she turns up her nose at it luckily she's an iron stomach but if I did that my dogs tum would be in bits.

The pork and potatoe so far has been the most popular with ours.

i have to say my guy goes off his food quiet easily and if i try to change it he often has a dodgy tum so im going to try burns and my own mix too. thanks for the info:)

mlettis wrote: »
    Allcare Veterinary care centre beside Kestrel Pub sell it . Its about € 55/58 for 15kg

im just thinking the last time i bought science plan from local pet store it cost 65 for 15 kilos....total rip off!!! they had big windows now that i remember lol!!

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere online it can be bought?

prob zooplus.com... not sure...sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Peppa

http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Other_Dog_Foods_Not_Listed.html - Irish site that I have used these before (not for food) and found them realiable.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/burns_c_4337.html UK site so Stg conversion and also need to check weights/prices but might be worth buying in bulk and depending on how Stg is doing

http://www.shop.burnspet.com/acatalog/index.html need to ring for delivery charges to Ireland. Stg conversion also but prices no different than above.

http://www.petconnection.ie/acatalog/Burns.html#a959 - Stg but only £6.99 delivery for 30kg

I don't think zooplus.com does burns, as far as I remember no online store sells burns, was going to try my fella on it when I first got him but I found it very hard to get so settled for james wellbeloved instead.

Don't mean to cause an uproar or anything, and sorry for going off topic, but you might think about boycotting whackers for selling pups. :mad: Have a read through this: http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10340&title=wackers-pet-superstore Mods please don't kill me, will remove above bit if in breach of rules.

Advertisement