Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEA Grant Q..

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I received one of these a few years ago and hope to get one again now.

I forget how these work, do you get installments every 3 months or so? also do they pay the tuition fee for the course?

from the HEA site.: Im not sure how they classify people to get the higher rate also.

The ordinary rates of the maintenance grant for 2009/2010 are:
    Rates Non-Adjacent Rate Adjacent Rate
    Full Maintenance €3,420 €1,370
    Part maintenance (75%) €2,565 €1,030
    Part maintenance (50%) €1,710 €685
    Part maintenance (25%) €855 €345

The adjacent rate of maintenance grant is payable where the student lives 24 kilometres or less from the college he/she plans to attend. The non-adjacent rate applies to everyone else, including all mature students both dependent and independent.

The special rates of maintenance grant are €6,690 (including top-up of €3,270) for disadvantaged students living more than 24 kilometres away from college and €2,680 (including top-up of €1,310) for disadvantaged students living within 24 kilometres of college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I received one of these a few years ago and hope to get one again now.

I forget how these work, do you get installments every 3 months or so? also do they pay the tuition fee for the course?

from the HEA site.: Im not sure how they classify people to get the higher rate also.

The ordinary rates of the maintenance grant for 2009/2010 are:
    Rates Non-Adjacent Rate Adjacent Rate
    Full Maintenance €3,420 €1,370
    Part maintenance (75%) €2,565 €1,030
    Part maintenance (50%) €1,710 €685
    Part maintenance (25%) €855 €345

The adjacent rate of maintenance grant is payable where the student lives 24 kilometres or less from the college he/she plans to attend. The non-adjacent rate applies to everyone else, including all mature students both dependent and independent.

The special rates of maintenance grant are €6,690 (including top-up of €3,270) for disadvantaged students living more than 24 kilometres away from college and €2,680 (including top-up of €1,310) for disadvantaged students living within 24 kilometres of college.

Yeah, you get it in three stages, October, January and March.
    This webpage should help you know what you're entitled to:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/education/third-level-education/fees-and-supports-for-third-level-education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Are the tuition fees paid also , i mean separate from the actual grant?

Advertisement