Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 26-08-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a clue to fix this? It seems there's two seperate connections from my router. I reseted my router to see would it remove it, but no joy...

Help ideas on how to remove the second connection?

Thanks..

81826026.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

creggy wrote: »
    Does anyone have a clue to fix this? It seems there's two seperate connections from my router. I reseted my router to see would it remove it, but no joy...

Help ideas on how to remove the second connection?

Thanks..

There's nothing there that means they're both from your router, it could easily be a neighbour. What's set in the router interface?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Spear wrote: »
    There's nothing there that means they're both from your router, it could easily be a neighbour. What's set in the router interface?

There was no password set when I took that screenshot. Logged into the router's settings and placed in a WEP and now it looks like this...

There's two laptops and an iPhone using our router, however each device selects the first option Sweex LW055 to connect. Do you have any idea's on how to remove that Sweex LW055 2 connection?

4r8bax.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There was no password set when I took that screenshot. Logged into the router's settings and placed in a WEP and now it looks like this...

There's two laptops and an iPhone using our router, however each device selects the first option Sweex LW055 to connect. Do you have any idea's on how to remove that Sweex LW055 2 connection?

Rename the SSID completely and see which one changes.

This took me ages to get back online. Renamed the SSID off LW055 to QWERTY and it wouldn't let me connect back to the internet at all. Tried it again and it worked however LW055 and LW055 2 still remained. I tried to connect to both of them as their apparantly unsecured. I couldn't connect to either of them. Then I went to each of their properities and entered the WEP key that I have placed for QWERTY and tried to connect to each of them and nothing happened.

I'm starting to get freaked out about it. :(

Also, Would be their any sort of way of finding out if someone else is using my connection?

302xw1g.jpg

This took me ages to get back online. Renamed the SSID off LW055 to QWERTY and it wouldn't let me connect back to the internet at all. Tried it again and it worked however LW055 and LW055 2 still remained. I tried to connect to both of them as their apparantly unsecured. I couldn't connect to either of them. Then I went to each of their properities and entered the WEP key that I have placed for QWERTY and tried to connect to each of them and nothing happened.

I'm starting to get freaked out about it. :(

Also, Would be their any sort of way of finding out if someone else is using my connection?

I've only just realised what you're doing. These aren't networks around you, these are entries you've manually created. Just delete the ones you don't want, they don't represent real networks. Make sure you turn WPA back on as well.

• Advertisement

I've only just realised what you're doing. These aren't networks around you, these are entries you've manually created. Just delete the ones you don't want, they don't represent real networks. Make sure you turn WPA back on as well.

Ah I see, how do you deleted these entries? Right clicking them does have an option for delete or close.

I have WEP on at the moment. I remember seeing WPA as an option in the router's settings, but it seems it's not there...

I'll think I'll make a alphanumerical password that would be harder to crack.

Ah I see, how do you deleted these entries? Right clicking them does have an option for delete or close.

I have WEP on at the moment. I remember seeing WPA as an option in the router's settings, but it seems it's not there...

I'll think I'll make a alphanumerical password that would be harder to crack.

If it's WEP then alphanumerical won't help in the slightest.

For the entries you created they should be listed under the preferred networks box from the "change preferred networks option" on the left of the available networks list.

If it's WEP then alphanumerical won't help in the slightest.

For the entries you created they should be listed under the preferred networks box from the "change preferred networks option" on the left of the available networks list.

Ah nice one, removed it there :D

I don't know about the WEP issue, I remember seeing an option for WPA other security options in the router settings, but now there's nothing :confused:

f0aut3.jpg

2r6cl0w.jpg

Ah nice one, removed it there :D

I don't know about the WEP issue, I remember seeing an option for WPA other security options in the router settings, but now there's nothing :confused:

The official manual is here.

http://www.sweex.com/download.php?file=./images/artikelen/LW055/Manuals/LW055_manual_eng.pdf

According to that WPA should be available in the drop down for authentication type. There are comments that it doesn't support WPA if WDS is turned on. Can you switch the radio mode to AP only?

Got it all working smoothly now.

Cheers! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement