Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom Framing

• 26-08-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

I am in need of inexpensive framing in the dublin area.
    Searched the boards and couldn't come up with much.
    I would assume that there is at least one middle of the road framing shop in the area that does custom sizes. I don't need high grade framing just decent framing of non-standard sized prints.
    Where should I start to look?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I'd say it'd be difficult to find non standard framing in Dublin on the cheap. Have you got the prints done already?

One thing... IKEA do lots of non-standard sizes. All metric sizes and very cheap. You might find something there. You can check on their website if suits.

David OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

get some cheap ikea frames and then get someone like Steve at:
    http://360-dpi.com/page6/page6.php
    to make custom cut mounts for those frames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I know Frameworks in Lucan isnt too bad as framers go. Also some photography suppliers can get in special order sizes, I ordered some myself for quite reasonable prices, then I would have Steve print, laminate and place on backing board for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

oshead wrote: »
    I'd say it'd be difficult to find non standard framing in Dublin on the cheap. Have you got the prints done already?

One thing... IKEA do lots of non-standard sizes. All metric sizes and very cheap. You might find something there. You can check on their website if suits.

David OS

The prints were purchased on my travels this year.
    Have to check with Steve and see what he charges.
    These are not high value prints, other than sentimental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

Not to promote the shop I work in or anything, but the Camera Centre in Blanchardstown can custom make frames for you in many different styles and colours (as far as I know the other branches don't offer this service).

Waiting time varies from a few days to a few weeks- Depending on when the next frame order is placed. Price wise it's cheaper than going to a 'framers', but not as cheap as buying a pre-made frame in a traditional size like 10x8 or something like that.

Hope this helps,

Louis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

I can ow do custom framing in house

Although if you want cheap best thing lie said above would be to buy readymades and let me mount them etc

Dr.Louis wrote: »
    Not to promote the shop I work in or anything, but the Camera Centre in Blanchardstown can custom make frames for you in many different styles and colours (as far as I know the other branches don't offer this service).

Waiting time varies from a few days to a few weeks- Depending on when the next frame order is placed. Price wise it's cheaper than going to a 'framers', but not as cheap as buying a pre-made frame in a traditional size like 10x8 or something like that.

Hope this helps,

Louis.

Is this the same shop where Katiemaloe works?

stcstc wrote: »
    I can ow do custom framing in house

Although if you want cheap best thing lie said above would be to buy readymades and let me mount them etc

Thanks, Steve if I wind up buying readymade I will definitely be coming coming to you for mounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

Is this the same shop where Katiemaloe works?

haha it sure is!

Excellent I have in then (besides you, of course:D).
    Gave Kate some of the free film couple weeks ago.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement