Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EODM tonight THE ACADEMY

• 26-08-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

where are good spots for pre and after gig beverages in the vicinity , the Academy is a new venue to me , What are the reports ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SIDESHOW BOBs

really fun entertaining gig, i actually felt that the few stadium rockisms were genuine almost, are irish audiences that gullible that they believe that "they are the best crowd we have ever played to " !

great tunes , great taches great glasses serious amount of good lookin girls , lacking a bit of moshing , seriously good night when will it end cant sleep:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Definitely a good gig. Serious amount of cracking looking women at it. TBH, Jesse did look really taken aback by the Irish crowd. We're good at being rock crowds!

Joey is still a savage a drummer as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Fourth time seeing them lastnight, amazing show as always. They left my under garments feeling moist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fourth time seeing them lastnight, amazing show as always. They left my under garments feeling moist.

Haha, exact same here. 4th time seeing them, although I felt it didn't kick off till Chase The Devil(for me, as it was mostly same as April). Jesse just really knows how to work the crowd, yeah the cliches were there, but he really does enjoy being on stage. Hopping into photos and just soaking up the atmosphere, he really does enjoy going around the place. 3rd gig here in less than 2 months, then April show aswell....we did well out of them this year. And maybe more, cos if Arctic Monkeys come here in November, EoDM are supporting:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Saw 'em in Dolan's on Tuesday night for the first time, I haven't been as entertained at a gig in a long time, crowd interaction was great, Hughes is some showman, and Catching is a f*cking legend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement