Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends for son

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Message is on behalf of my boyfriend:-

Long story short, 5 year old son stays with him/us every second weekend, a day during the week and each Friday.

Where he lives he has a lot of friends but in my estate there is not a lot of kids so he has no friends at my place. Boyfriend and the child's mother live in the same city so we are not far apart but I an concerned about this, especially going forward as he is starting to grow up and surely this will become a bigger problem. Added to that, we will be seeking to have him every weekend going forward and for that I would love if he had his own friends etc, here.

He has never said anything to us on this and it is not a real problem, but like to do something to overcome this. For example, it is his birthday soon and the only kids I know are one cousin and the remainder of the party will be adults.

He does not appear to be into sports (at least yet) and i can't think of anything else.

He is very popular in the estate where he lives and in school - just like to give him an opportunity for him to flourish here also.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Could you put him into a local Club or something? Something like Beavers or Swimming lessons and he would meet other kids. I'm in a similar situation with my daughter as there are not alot of kids in the estate where I live so I've put her in drama classes and swimming in the local area.

Advertisement