Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car with tax very out of date

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey guys you might be able to give me some advice here. I'm looking into buying a second hand Alfa 147. I've been putting the licence plate into that site mywheels.ie to check its details. I've noticed a lot of them are coming back with the tax out of date, some by 2 years +

Can any of you explain this? Is it something I should avoid or is could there be a reasonable explanation?

One example is a 05 Alfa, the last time it was taxed was Jan 08, however its NCT was done March 09 so that doesn't sound too bad. Any advice welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its most likely wrong info you are being given by mywheels. Enquire with the owner as to whether its taxed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ring the seller and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭HerbSimpson

Anan1 wrote: »
    Ring the seller and ask.

I will thanks, just thought maybe I was missing an obvious explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I will thanks, just thought maybe I was missing an obvious explanation.
    We could guess all day, the seller's the only one who knows.;)

Advertisement