Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleges offering CCNA

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm looking to do the CCNA part-time as opposed to self-study (just can't be done). I've read a number of threads here weighing up places that offer 5 days or 20 weeks, etc - think it's best that you get good grasp of the practical stuff and the course isn't rushed over a couple of days. Just wondering does anyone have any feedback from colleges around Dublin? Places I've looked at are IACT - Stephens Green, Dorset College, CCT - Amiens St to name but a few. Any feedback on course material, tutors, facilities on the above places or any other recommendations is much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

ITB

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

sconn69 wrote: »
    I'm looking to do the CCNA part-time as opposed to self-study (just can't be done).

Why not? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sconn69

iRock wrote: »
    Why not? ;)

Don't have the time and discipline and a part-time course that I pay for myself will force me to be disciplined! Also as I have said I think it's good to see the practical side of things and not just learn the whole course in your head, then get a job and not know how to implement any of it.

Any feedback on any colleges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

ITB - price was just under 2k 2 years ago, I believe it went closer to 4k now - some FAS funding thingy removed - is this true? if so then very expensive

i agree with OP logic of paying, then getting motivated due to paying ther money - unfortunately I'm the same :(

however if this course is now close to 4k then reverse psychcology can be used - think of the money you are saving by just buying books :) - i would advise people with a little knowledge to buy books , study and do few labs (not intensely), do the exam (be prepared to fail) - then study more - do labs and be really prepared to pass the exam

this would possibly work out at around 5-6 hundred nicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It'll probably work out cheaper buying second hand books and a couple of old routers and switches from ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

seems i forgot the hardware

Advertisement