Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kebab takeaways

Options
  • 26-08-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

i want /need a kebab right now. is there a kebab shop like abrakebra in louth open at night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Can't reccomend Zam Zam's near the home bakery enough. It's deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Can't reccomend Zam Zam's near the home bakery enough. It's deadly
    what town is that in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Dundalk. Right across road from home bakery.

Kebabs are massive apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Are they open late? Are they mad expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The Kebab Palace in Trinity Street, Drogheda , is the place to go. They make Abrakebabra seem like tasteless cardboard. They serve the kebabs in nan bread rather than pitta bread, and if you tell them you don't want all the salad crap they'll shove a load of extra meat in it.

I have an appetite like a horse and I still struggle to finish one of their kebabs. The dog starts wagging his tail as soon as he sees me come through the door with one - he knows he's getting the leftovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ok last night i tried one from Zum Zum , new place across from home bakery. Anyway best kebab in dundalk and best kebab i have had in ireland even :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Sarge wrote: »
    Ok last night i tried one from Zum Zum , new place across from home bakery. Anyway best kebab in dundalk and best kebab i have had in ireland even :-)

Yes it is. I like a kebab and Dundalk was missing a decent one. Now it's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

A place like Abrakebabra wouldn't last 5 minutes anywhere outside Ireland - kebabs - dont make me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Zam Zams aren't stingy with the portions. They seem to do a remember your face thing. Live around the corner often get free cans or some chips thrown into the kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Went into Zam Zam at about 12:30 last night. I will not be buying a kebab anywhere else! Got an onion bhagi as well and it was very tasty too.

Great spot. I'd actually eat the doner kebab I got right now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Where is the Home Bakery in Dundalk? I'd like to check out Zam Zam's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The home bakery is at the junction of Chapel Street and Jocelyn Street, Zam zam is beside the County museum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

PDN wrote: »
    The Kebab Palace in Trinity Street, Drogheda , is the place to go. They make Abrakebabra seem like tasteless cardboard.
    Amen to that. They're the real deal and cheap too.

Tried it last night and it is the tastiest kebab I've ever eaten. Must try some of their Indian food next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

ive heard zam zam is meant to be pretty good alright, one of the lads from work went there and got a medium kebab and he said it was absolutely massive, would you beleive me if i said i never got a kebab before, so, i think im gonna have to pop in there somenight and get one as ive been saying to myself quite a lot since they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

+1 for Zam Zam.
    A "small" kebab is a fiver or so, plenty big, and supremely delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

went in last night and got a regular kebab. tbh didn't think it was a patch on tony's. the problem was it was all meat and very little salad (though most people would prob find this preferable) I like salad on the bottom, then meat, then a load of salad on the top. it was nice and spicy but i'd personally prefer tonys.

I was in Baileborough, Cavan last night and noticed a Zam Zam take-away on a side street there, same colour sign and pics of kebabs on shopfront. I didn't know they were a chain! Must investigate soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Its family run, but there is like sons in the family. Was chatting while waiting for my order and thats what they were telling me.

Tony's previously had the best kebab, but it was always a chippy kebab. These are proper kebabs, tony's cant compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My oh popped into Zam Zams the other night, ordered me a chicken tikka kebab (they don't do the shawaramas now for some reason) and a kebab with chips for himself..he was planning to give the wee fella some of the chips. As it happened his came in a tray, meat and stuff over the chips instead of in the bread. So he called in to Tony's on the way home for more chips. As it happened, I got a totally delicious kebab with Tony's chips - happy days:). Boy did I wolf it down mmmm! Just gorgeous!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

PDN wrote: »
    The Kebab Palace in Trinity Street, Drogheda , is the place to go. They make Abrakebabra seem like tasteless cardboard.
    Tried the KP tonight after reading this thread and hearing a few good report elsewhere. Got doner, chips, and onion rings.

The onion rings were the little ones you get frozen in the supermarket. The chips were the crappy frozen ones you get at the likes of a chuck wagon, the nan bread was burnt, and the sauce was running out of it like water. Really disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Tried Zam Zam's on friday night about 1am...........I have to echo all comments above.........my mouth is watering now just thinking about them........we got the small doner kebab's at €5..........and OMG were they gorgeous.......because we got the small ones we ordered an onion bahji too.....spicy and hot......a fresh hot.....not some reheated kind of hot...if you know what i mean about the difference.
    The kebabs would have been enough on their own though.....generous portions......and the bread they use....sooo soft, not some out of a packet hard pitta bread thing.
    I can't wait to go away.....only problem is that although i'd love to try some of their other food, knwoing how good their kebabs are I'd want them too!!!

Hurray for a decent good quality take away open late......now where did i put that menu!!!!!!:):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement